Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Designed for energetic adults who would like to be of service, this program is open for new volunteers throughout the year. At Cedars-Sinai, we have many ways for you to make a difference and serve in vital areas. The experiences you will gain as a volunteer will add a new dimension to your life.
Apply to Become a Volunteer
Please follow the following steps:
- If you have volunteered with us previously, please call us before filling out the Adult Volunteer Application. Volunteer Services can be reached at 310-423-8044.
- Submission of Adult Application Intake Form. Click here for the Adult Volunteer Application. Please select "Adult Application" from the drop down menu.
- You will receive a welcome email from us requesting two letters of recommendation. The letters of recommendation must be from anyone outside of your immediate family. Both letters of recommendation must be received together and at the same time within 10 business days of receiving the welcome email. Letters submitted separately will not be accepted.
Please submit your two letters to Volunteer Services via:
- Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
- Fax: 310-423-0452
You can expect to be contacted by phone within seven business days after submission of your two letters of recommendation to schedule your interview appointment. During this interview, we hope to find a volunteer activity that will match your interests and abilities.
In order to participate in our volunteer program, the following is required:
- We ask you to make a commitment of at least six months to one year of volunteering with us and you will need to commit to four hours of volunteer service once per week.
- It is expected that you attend a mandatory five-hour general orientation as well as additional training that may be required for your specific assignment. See the 2014 Adult Volunteer Orientation Schedule.
- Complete the necessary health requirements (details will be discussed at the interview).
- During influenza season, volunteers serving patient care areas must receive a seasonal flu vaccination. The seasonal flu vaccine is provided free of charge to all volunteers.
- Have a picture taken for your official volunteer badge and purchase a uniform jacket ($25) at Volunteer Services. Details will be discussed at the interview.
We look forward to having you as a valuable addition to Cedars-Sinai. Because of this, please note that the process of becoming a volunteer may take some time, but it will be worth it.
Contact us for more information.