Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Cedars-Sinai's Teen Volunteer Program encourages teens to commit to a full year of volunteering. Teens apply once a year online. This year’s volunteers start at the medical center in June 2014 for the summer rotation.
The program consists of two sessions, summer and academic, but only one application is required. Teen volunteers are scheduled every week on the same day and work the same shift for the entire session. They are required to volunteer for four hours each shift during the summer session and two hours each shift during the academic session. Teens can volunteer for one or both sessions.
Important: Our main form of communication with our volunteers is by email, so please actively check your email inbox.
Teen Program Requirements:
- 14-18 years old
- Summer Session — must be age 14 by June
- Academic Session — must be age 14 by October
- Four hours once per week during the summer session (June-August); minimum of 40 hours
- Two hours once per week during the academic session (October-April); minimum of 40 hours
- Only three absences allowed
- We require you to complete one entire session listed above for you to receive documentation of your hours from the medical center. If you miss more than three consecutive shifts, you risk being dropped from the program.
Application and screening process:
- Complete the online application
- Additional paperwork packet (emailed after review of your online application)
- Interview (scheduled online after acceptance of application and completed packet)
- Complete necessary health requirements (more information provided at interview)
- Required vaccinations: MMR, tuberculosis (TB), Tdap, chicken pox (show proof of vaccinations)
- Receive the yearly flu vaccination (or show proof of receipt) before Dec. 15, 2014
- Attend two mandatory orientations (dates provided during interview)
- Receive badge and purchase uniform jacket ($25) prior to your first day
We have a rigorous volunteer screening process and we evaluate all of our volunteers with care. The process is ongoing so we can ensure that our Teen Volunteer Program benefits the patients and families of Cedars-Sinai.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Teen Volunteer Program.
Contact us for more information.