Applications for the 2017-18 Teen Volunteer Program open February 1, 2017
We accept Teen Volunteer Applications one time per year. Applications are on a first-come, first-serve basis, and we reach capacity very quickly. To view the 2017-2018 flyer, please click here.
The Cedars-Sinai Teen Volunteer Program encourages teens to commit to a full year of volunteering. The program consists of two sessions, Summer and Academic. Only one application is required for both sessions. Teens can volunteer for one or both sessions.
Important: Our primary form of communication with our volunteers is email. Please check your inbox regularly.
Teen Program Requirements:
- 14-18 years old
- Summer Session — must be age 14 by June
- Academic Session — must be age 14 by October
- Four hours once per week during the summer session (June-August); minimum of 40 hours
- Two hours once per week during the academic session (October-April); minimum of 40 hours
- Only three absences allowed
- We require teen volunteers to complete an entire session to receive documentation of hours. If teens miss more than three shifts in any one session, they risk termination from the program.
Application and screening process:
- Complete the online application
- Additional paperwork packet (emailed after review of your online application)
- Interview (scheduled online after acceptance of application and completed packet)
- Complete necessary health requirements (more information provided at interview)
- Required vaccinations: MMR, tuberculosis (TB), Tdap, chicken pox (show proof of vaccinations)
- Receive the yearly flu vaccination (or show proof of receipt)
- Attend mandatory orientations (dates provided during interview)
- Receive badge and purchase uniform jacket ($25) prior to your first day
We have a rigorous volunteer screening process and evaluate all of our volunteers with care. The process is ongoing so we can ensure that our Teen Volunteer Program benefits the patients and families of Cedars-Sinai.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Teen Volunteer Program.
Contact us for more information.