Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
We accept Teen Volunteer Applications one time per year. Applications for the 2015-2016 Teen Volunteer Program will be made available online on February 1, 2015. Applications are on a first-come, first-served basis, and we reach capacity very quickly. To view the 2015-2016 flyer, please click here.
Please thoroughly read through the following information regarding our Teen Volunteer Program before you submit your application.
The Cedars-Sinai Teen Volunteer Program encourages teens to commit to a full year of volunteering. The program consists of two sessions, Summer and Academic. Only one application is required for both sessions. Teen volunteers are scheduled every week on the same day and work the same shift for the entire session. They are required to volunteer for four hours each shift during the summer session and two hours each shift during the academic session. Teens can volunteer for one or both sessions. This year the volunteers start at the medical center in June 2015 for the Summer Session and/or October 2015 for the Academic Session.
Important: Our primary form of communication with our volunteers is email. Please check your inbox regularly.
Teen Program Requirements:
- 14-18 years old
- Summer Session — must be age 14 by June
- Academic Session — must be age 14 by October
- Four hours once per week during the summer session (June-August); minimum of 40 hours
- Two hours once per week during the academic session (October-April); minimum of 40 hours
- Only three absences allowed
- We require you to complete one entire session listed above for you to receive documentation of your hours from the medical center. If you miss more than three consecutive shifts, you risk being dropped from the program.
Application and screening process:
- Complete the online application
- Additional paperwork packet (emailed after review of your online application)
- Interview (scheduled online after acceptance of application and completed packet)
- Complete necessary health requirements (more information provided at interview)
- Required vaccinations: MMR, tuberculosis (TB), Tdap, chicken pox (show proof of vaccinations)
- Receive the yearly flu vaccination (or show proof of receipt)
- Attend mandatory orientations (dates provided during interview)
- Receive badge and purchase uniform jacket ($25) prior to your first day
We have a rigorous volunteer screening process and evaluate all of our volunteers with care. The process is ongoing so we can ensure that our Teen Volunteer Program benefits the patients and families of Cedars-Sinai.
To fill out the 2015-2016 Teen Volunteer Application, please click here.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Teen Volunteer Program.
Contact us for more information.