Teen Volunteer Program
This program is for teens ages 14 to 18 who are:
- Looking for community service experience
- Searching for ways to help others
- Interested in learning about various medical careers
The Teen Volunteer Program requires that students commit to volunteering for a minimum of one year. Teen volunteers are scheduled every week on the same day and work the same shift for the entire session. They must volunteer for four hours each shift during the summer session and two hours each shift during the academic session. Teens can volunteer for one or both sessions.
For a sneak peek at the required commitments, and to see if the program is right for you, check out our .
Teen volunteers perform clinical or clerical duties:
- A clinical volunteer helps in a patient-care setting by interacting with patients, assisting at the nursing station, and delivering flowers and magazines.
- A clerical volunteer helps with general office duties in various departments, including answering phones, computer work, filing and working on projects.
Teen volunteers do not perform or observe medical or patient-care procedures of any kind.
Contact us for more information.