Thomas J. Learch, MD
Chief, Musculoskeletal Radiology
Director, Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program
Thomas J. Learch, MD is Chief of Musculoskeletal Radiology and Director of the Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program at the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center. He is an expert in musculoskeletal imaging.
Dr. Learch is certified by the American Board of Radiology. He is a member of the Radiological Society of North America and the International Skeletal Society. Dr. Learch has received numerous honors including a cum laude at the Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting 2006.
Dr. Learch's studies have been published in multiple journals, including Radiographics and American Journal of Roentgenology. He has presented his research at annual meetings of the Radiological Society of North America, American Roentgen Ray Society, and American Society of Emergency Radiology.
Prior to joining Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Dr. Learch was an associate professor of diagnostic radiology at University of Southern California-University Hospital and Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center. He was also the musculoskeletal radiologist for USC athletes and director of musculoskeletal radiology fellowship.
Dr. Learch earned his medical degree from Northwestern University School of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency at University of Southern California. He was granted a fellowship in musculoskeletal/osteoradiology at University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Learch developed multiple radiology/orthopedic web site pages that have won numerous awards at national medical conferences:
- Elbow Arthroplasty Normal and Abnormal Imaging Appearances http://radiology.usc.edu/Presentations/Elbow/index.htm
- The Limb Sparing Saddle Prosthesis and Pelvic Neoplasia http://radiology.usc.edu/Presentations/SaddleProsthesis/Index.html
- Shoulder Arthroplasty - Normal and Abnormal Imaging Appearances http://radiology.usc.edu/shoulder/index.htm
- Knee Arthoplasty - Normal and Abnormal Imaging Appearances http://radiology.usc.edu/knee/default.htm
- Imaging Findings in Limb-Sparing Surgery and Endoprosthetic Placement for Shoulder Girdle Neoplasia http://radiology.usc.edu/Presentations/Scapula3/index.htm