Alberto Marchevsky, MD
Director, Pulmonary and Mediastinal Pathology
- Pulmonary and Mediastinal Pathology
- Thyroid Pathology
- Autopsy Pathology
Education and Training
- Medico Cuyo University Medical School, Mendoza-Argentina; MD
- Internship in Pathology, The Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Residency in Pathology, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- Fellowship in Pathology Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Fellowship in Pulmonary Pathology, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinico-Pathologic Research
- Experimental Pathology
- Image Analysis
- Pathology Informatics
- Evidence Based Pathology
Awards and Activities
- Past-President, Los Angeles Society of Pathologists
- Chairman, College of American Pathologists Pulmonary Pathology AP3 Committee
- Member, Structure Committee, International Thymic Malignancy Interest Group
- Chairman, Small Biopsy Task Force, International Thymic Malignancy Interest Group
- Yu R, Bannykh SI, Marchevsky AM. Cardiac arrest in a patient with asthma: role of hemorrhagic pheochromocytoma discovered at autopsy. J Clin Hypertens. 2012;14:650-2.
- Walts AE, Marchevsky, AM. Root cause analysis of problems in the frozen section diagnosis of in-situ, minimally invasive, and invasive adenocarcinoma of the lung. Arch Pathol & Lab Med. 2012;136:1515-521.
- Walts AE, Marchevsky AM. Low cost-effectiveness of CD3/CD20 immunostains for initial triage oflymphoid-rich effusions: An evidence-based review of the utility of these stains in selecting cases for full hematologic workup. Diagn Cytopathol. 2012;40:565-570.
- Walts AE, Ines D, Marchevsky AM. Limited role of Ki-67 proliferative index in predicting overall short term survival in patients with pulmonary carcinoid tumors. Mod Pathol. 2012;25:1258-1264.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Alberto Marchevsky, MD.