Bonnie Balzer, MD, PhD
Director, Surgical Pathology
Director, Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology, Head & Neck Pathology, Dermatopathology
Co-Director, Surgical Pathology Fellowship
- Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology
- Head & Neck Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
Education and Training
- University of Virginia College of Arts and Sciences, Charlottesville, VA; PhD
- Stanford University, School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA; MD
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Stanford University, School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA
- Fellowship in Surgical Pathology, Stanford University, School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA
- Fellowship in Soft Tissue Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Fellowship in Dermatopathology, Weill Medical Center Cornell University/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
|Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Dermatopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Bone & Soft Tissue pathology
- Gynecologic pathology
- Genitourinary pathology
- General oncologic pathology
Awards and Activities
- Book chapter author
- Ly, Amy, Mills A, McKenney J, Balzer B, Kempson R, Hendrickson M, Longacre T. Atypical Leiomyomas Of The Uterus: A Clinicopathologic Study Of 51 Cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013;37:643-9.
- Mills A, Ly A, Balzer B, Hendrickson M, Kempson R, McKenney J, Longacre T. Cell Cycle Regulatory Markers in Uterine Atypical Leiomyoma and Leiomyosarcoma: Immunohistochemical Study of 68 Cases With Clinical Follow-up. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013;37:634-42.
- Penner KR, Dorigo O, Aoyama C, Ostrzega N, Balzer B, Rao J, et al. Predictors of resolution of complex atypical hyperplasia or grade 1 endometrial adenocarcinoma in premenopausal women treated with progestin therapy. Gynecol Oncol. 2012;124:542-8.
- Singh K, Moore S, Sandoval M, Balzer B, Frishberg D, Lewin S, Schreck R, Raffel L. Congenital Malignant Melanoma, A Case Report with Cytogenetic Studies. Am J. Dermatopathol (In press).
- Yu R, Nissen NN, Balzer B, Fan X. el syndrome of four-limb proximal fragility fractures associated with HIV infection, cholestatic liver failure, and histiocytic infiltration of bone marrow. Hormones (Athens). 2012;11(2):203-6.
- O'Rourke EA, Balzer B, Barry CI, Frishberg DP. Nevic Mitoses: A Review of 1041 Cases. Am J Dermatopathol. 2012 Jun 8. [Epub ahead of print].
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Bonnie Balzer, MD, PhD.