Daniel Luthringer, MD
Director, Autopsy Service
Director, Cardiac Pathology
Director, Genitourinary Pathology
Education and Training
- State University of New York Health Science Center at Syracuse, NY; MD
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Molecular Diagnostic Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Cytopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Deputy Coroner, Los Angeles County
- Cardiac Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology
Awards and Activities
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching (twice)
- Member, College of American Pathologists Surgical Pathology Committee
- Patent: Serial #07/820,011. Genetically engineered endothelial cells exhibit enhanced migration and plasminogen activator activity
- Malliaras K, Li TS, Luthringer D, Terrovitis J et al. Safety and efficacy of allogeneic cell therapy in infracted rats transplanted with mismatched cardiac derived cells. Circulation 2012;125:100-12.
- Goodman M, Ward KC, Osunkoya A, et al. Frequency and determinants of disagreement and error in Gleason socres:A population-based study of prostate cancer. Prostate 2012;72:1389-98.
- Collak FK, Yagiz K, Luthringer DJ, Erkaya B, Cinar B. Threonine-120 phosphorylation regulated by phosphoinositide-3-kinase/Akt and mammalian target of rapamycin pathway signaling limits the antitumor activity of mammalian sterile 20-like kinase 1. J Biol Chem 2012;287:23698-709.
- Goodman M, Ward KC, Osunkoya AO, Datta MW, Luthringer D, et al. Frequency and determinants of disagreement and error in gleason scores: A population-based study of prostate cancer. Prostate 2012;72:1389-98.
- Hu P, Chu G CY, Zhu G, et al. Multiplexed quantum dot labeling of activated c-Met signaling in castration-resistant human prostate cancer. PLoS One 2011;6:e28670.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Daniel Luthringer, MD.