Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Elvio Silva, MD
Senior Gynecologic Pathologist
- Gynecologic Pathologhy
Education and Training
- University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina; MD
- Residency in Pathology, University of Toronto, Canada
- Fellowship in Pathology, MD Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute, Houston, TX
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Multi Institutional Studies, Mass Spectometry in Breast and Gynecologic Tumors
Awards and Activities
- Harlan J. Spjut Award, Houston Society of Clinical Pathologists
- "Best Academic Pathologist in Houston"
- Vernie Stembridge M D Lectureship, Keynote address, Texas Society of Pathology, Fort Worth, TX
- Ambassador, US and Canadian Academy of Pathology
- Arthur Purdy Society Keynote Address, USCAP, San Antonio, TX
- Vice President/President Elect, International Society of Gynecological Pathologists
- Hinson SA, Silva EG, Pinto K. Ovarian Serous Cystadenofibromas associated with a Low Grade Serous Carcinoma of the Peritoneum. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2013;17:302-4.
- Diaz De Vivar A, Park KJ, Alvarado-Cabrero I, Rasty G, Hong SR, Chanona-Vilchis JG, Arville B, Barbuto DA, Rutgers JKL, Roma AA, Ali-Fehmi R, Tabassum F, Teramoto N, Mikami Y, Silva EG. Invasive endocervical adenocarcinoma: Proposal for a new pattern-based classification system with significant clinical implications: A multi-institutional study. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2013 (In press).
- Euscher E, Fox P, Bassett R, Al-Ghawi H, Ali-Fehmi R, Barbuto D, Djordjevic B, Frauenhoffer E, Kim I, Hong SR, Montiel D, Moschiano E, Roma A, Silva EG, Malpica A. The pattern of myometrial invasion as a predictor of lymph node metastasis or extrauterine disease in low grade endometrial carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013 (In press).
- Silva EG. The Stromal Origin of Some Epithelial Ovarian Neoplasms "Fere ex nihilo." Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012;22:90607.
- Kling E, Kitahara S, Posligua L, Malpica A, Silva EG. The 2 stromal compartments of the normal cervix with distinct immunophenotypic and histomorphologic features. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2012;16:315-22.
- Posligua L, Silva EG, Deavers MT, Merino MJ, Malpica A. Low-grade Smooth Muscle Tumors of the Primary and the Secondary Mullerian System: A Proposed Concept of Multicentricity. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2012;31:547-55.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Elvio Silva, MD.