Hedyeh Shafi, MD
- Transfusion Medicine
Education and Training
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., MD
- Residency in Clinical Pathology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Fellowship in Transfusion Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif.
Medical Board Certifications
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Trauma-induced coagulopathy
- Therapeutic apheresis
Awards and Activities
- Recipient, CTSI Clinical Scholars grant
- Paul Rubenstein Prize for Excellence in Resident Research
- Shafi H, Tcherniantchouk O, Chaffin J, Mason H, Klapper E. Thromboelastography: a more accurate assessment of global hemostasis. Transfusion. 2013 (in press)
- Shafi H, Astvatsaturyan K, Chung F, Mirocha J, Schmidt M, Bose S. Clinicopathological significance of HER2/neu genetic heterogeneity in HER2/neu non-amplified invasive breast carcinomas and its concurrent axillary metastasis breast cancer. J Clin Pathol, 2013;66(8): 649-654.
- Shafi H, Sadrzadeh, H. The effect of recentrifugation of serum separator tubes on concentration of serum analytes. Annals of Clinical & Laboratory Science, 2012; 42(3): 318-9.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Hedyeh Shafi, MD