Jean Lopategui, MD
Medical Director, Molecular Pathology and Clinical Cytogenetics
Director, Molecular Genetics Pathology Fellowship
Molecular Genetic Pathology
Education and Training
- University of Marseilles Medical School, France; MD
- Residency in Pathology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington DC and Tufts University, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Research Residency in Molecular Pathology, Tufts University, New England Medical Center
- Fellowship in Hematopathology, The City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified, Hematopathology
- Board Certified, Molecular Genetic Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Personalized Medicine in Cancer
- Clinical Trials in Oncology
Awards and Activities:
- First Class Honors and Jury’s Gold Medal, University of Paris, Rene Descartes
- American Society of Hematology Trainee Award Program
- Proclamation, City of Beverly Hills: Developed a genetic screening program to test Persian Jews for four inherited diseases which are treatable or preventable if detected.
- CAP Grant. Expression Profiling on paraffin tissue in MDS.
- Sergei Tatishchev, Elizabeth Spiteri, Jean Lopategui. BRCA1 Functions as a 5'- Nuclease Via PIN Domain Identified by Multiple Protein Sequence Alignments. Modern Pathol. 2011;24:1902.
- Kaback M, Lopatequi J, Portuges AR, Quindipan C, Pariani M, Salimpour-Davidov N, Rimoin DL. Genetic screening in the Persian Jewish community: A pilot study. Genet in Med 2010; 12:628-33.
- Wang HL, Lopategui J, Amin MB, Patterson SD. KRAS mutation testing in human cancers: The pathologist's role in the era of personalized medicine. Adv Anat Pathol. 2010;17:23-32.
- diSibio G, Gabor EP, Lopategui J, Sabath DE, Alsabeh R, Cole JM. Large-cell transformation of a composite lymphoma. Exp Mol Pathol 2010;89:260-7.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Jean Lopategui, MD.