Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Jolanta Kowalewska, MD, PhD
Clinical Specialty: Renal Pathology
- Renal Pathology
Education and Training
- Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland; MD
- Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland; PhD
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, NY
- Fellowship in Renal Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Medical Board Certifications
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Kidney Transplantation
Awards and Activities
- Recipient, National Kidney Foundation Young Investigator Award
- Recipient, Foundation for Polish Science research grant
- Member of Renal Pathology Society membership and educational committees
- The Best Teacher of the Year Award, University of Washington
- Kowalewska J. Pathology of recurrent diseases in kidney allografts: membranous nephropathy and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Curr Opin Organ Transplant. 2013 Jun;18(3):313-8.
- Kowalewska J, Nicosia RF, Smith KD, Kats A, Alpers CE. Patterns of glomerular injury in kidneys infiltrated by lymphoplasmacytic neoplasms. Hum Pathol 2011;42(6):896-903.
- Kowalewska J. Cryoglobulinemic glomerulonephritis – lessons from animal models. Folia Histochem Cytobiol 2011;49(4): 537-46.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Jolanta Kowalewska, MD, PhD.