Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Kimia Sobhani, PhD
Scientific Director, Core Laboratory
Scientific Director, ER and Cancer Center Laboratories
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Clinical Mass Spectrometry
Education and Training
- University of Washington, Seattle; M.S., Chemistry
- University of Washington, Seattle; Dual Ph.D., Chemistry and Nanotechnology
- Fellowship in Clinical Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Board Certified, Chemistry
Clinical and Research Interests
- Biomarker measurement and correlation to disease
- Mass Spectrometry assay development
- Clinical laboratory quality improvement
- Additional interests: proteomics, endocrinology, cardiac markers
Awards and Accomplishments
- 55th Annual Conference of Nobel Laureates Conference, attendance awardee
- Young Investigator Award, Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists
- Van Slyke Travel Grant Award, American Association of Clinical Chemsitry
- Sobhani K, Garrett D, Liu DP, Rainey PM. A rapid and simple high-performance liquid chromatography assay for the leflunomide metabolite, teriflunomide (a77 1726), in renal transplant recipients. Am J Clin Path 2010:133: 454-457.
- Simons SA, Molinelli AR, Sobhani K, Rainey PM, Hoofnagle A. “Two cases with unusual vancomycin measurements.” Clinical Chemistry 2009;55:578-580.
- Sobhani K, Michels DA, Dovichi NJ. Sheath-flow cuvette for high-sensitivity laser-induced fluorescence detection in capillary electrophoresis. Appl Spec 2007;61:777-779. *Article was main feature on the journal cover, with illustrations.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Kimia Sobhani, PhD.