Oxana Tcherniantchouk, MD
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Associate Director, Residency Program
Education and Training
- Uzgorod State University, Ukraine; MD
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Visiting Fellow , Coagulation: Royal Free Hospital , WHF Coagulation Center, London
- Fellowship in Hematopathology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship in Coagulation, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board certified in Clinical Pathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Enhancing resident/fellow education in Coagulation disorders
- Collaborative academic research activities between multiple disciplines, including Pharmacy, Trauma Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery and Transfusion Medicine
- Clinical coagulation consultations. These consultations may range from informal assistance with selecting a testing algorithm for a problem patient, or discussion of test results, to formal comprehensive patient evaluations
- Thromboelastograph (TEG) Utilization for Diagnosis and Personalized Treatment of Complex Coagulopathies
Awards and Activities
- Recipient, Leo G. Rigler Award, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Norman Poe Memorial Scholarship Award, Regional Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Tcherniantchouk O, Laposata M, Marques MB. The isolated prolonged PTT. Am J Hematol. 2012;8 Epub ahead of print
- Berry C, Tcherniantchouk O, Ley EJ, Salim A, Mirocha J, Martin-Stone S, Stolpner D, Margulies DR. Overdiagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia in surgical ICU patients. J Am Coll Surg. 2011;213:10-7.
- Müller CI, Luong QT, Shih LY, Jones LC, Desmond JC, Kawamata N, Tcherniantchouk O, Liu Q, Ito K, Osato M, Ito Y, Tefferi A, de Vos S, Koeffler HP. Identification of marker genes including RUNX3 (AML2) that discriminate between different myeloproliferative neoplasms and normal individuals. Leukemia. 2008;22:1773-8.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Oxana Tcherniantchouk, MD.