Rena Falk, MD
Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Medical Director, Cytogenetics
Co-Director, Prenatal Diagnosis Center
Education and Training
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA; MD
- Residency in Pediatrics, Cedars of Lebanon Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Pediatrics
- Board Certified, Clinical Genetics
- Board Certified, Clinical Cytogenetics
Clinical and Research Interests
- Hereditary deafness
- Delineation of genetic syndromes
- Risk, ethics and improvements in prenatal diagnosis
- Intrauterine treatment of genetic diseases
Awards and Activitie
- Volunteer of the Year Award, March of Dimes
- Recognition, Women of Distinction in Medicine, Southern California Hadassah
- Founding Member, Southern California March of Dimes Education Committee
- Member, California Genetic Disease Branch Committee on neonatal hearing screening
- Callum P, Iger J, Ray M, Sims CA, Falk RE. Outcome and experience of implementing spinal muscular atrophy carrier screening on sperm donors. Fertil Steril 2010;94:1912-4.
- Fisch GS, Grossfeld, P., Falk, R., Battaglia, A., Youngblom, J., Simensen R. Cognitive-behavioral features of Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome and other subtelomeric microdeletions. Am J Med Genet Part C Semin Med Genet 2010; 154C:417-26.
- Callum P, Urbina MT, Falk RE, Alvarez-Diaz JA, Benjamin I, Sims CA. Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) after conception using gametes from anonymous donors: recommendations for the future. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:1006.e1-2.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Rena E. Falk, MD.