Serguei Bannykh MD PhD
Education and Training
- State Medical Academy, Ivanovo, Russia; MD, PhD
- Resident in Anatomic Pathology, University of California, San Diego, CA
- Fellowship in Neuropathology, University of California, San Diego, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certification, Neuropathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Neuropathology of brain tumors, disease of muscle and nerve
- Neurodegeneration as relates to intracellular transport
Awards and Activities
- Defined a novel intracellular compartment
- Shirzadi A, Drazin D, Gates M, Shirzadi N, Bannykh S, Xuemo F, Hunt L, Baron E, King W, Kim T, Johnson JP. Surgical Management of Primary Spinal Hemangiopericytomas: an institutional case series and review of the literature. Eur J Spine. 2013;22: 450-459.
- Drazin D, Spitler K, Jeswani S, Shirzadi A, Bannykh S, Patil C. Multiple intracranial metastases from a gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumor. J Clin Neurosci. 2013;20:471-3.
- Ghazi AA, Amirbaigloo A, Dezfooli AA, Saadat N, Ghazi S, Pourafkari M, Bannykh S, et al. Ectopic acromegaly due to growth hormone releasing hormone. Endocrine. 2013;43:293-302.
- Patil CG, Nuño M, Elramsisy A, Mukherjee D, Carico C, Dantis J, Bannykh S, et al. High levels of phosphorylated MAP kinase are associated with poor survival among patients with glioblastoma during the temozolomide era. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:104-11.
- Reinstein E, DeLozier CD, Simon Z, Bannykh S, Rimoin DL, Curry CJ. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type VIII is clinically heterogeneous disorder associated primarily with periodontal disease, and variable connective tissue features. Eur J Hum Genet. 2013;21:233-6.
- Reinstein E, Pariani M, Bannykh S, Rimoin DL, Schievink WI. Connective tissue spectrum abnormalities associated with spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid leaks: a prospective study. Eur J Hum Genet. 2013;21:386-90.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Serguei Bannykh, MD, PhD.