Serguei Bannykh MD PhD
Education and Training
- State Medical Academy, Ivanovo, Russia; MD, PhD
- Resident in Anatomic Pathology, University of California, San Diego, CA
- Fellowship in Neuropathology, University of California, San Diego, CA
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certification, Neuropathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Neuropathology of brain tumors, disease of muscle and nerve
- Neurodegeneration as relates to intracellular transport
Awards and Activities
- Defined a novel intracellular compartment
- Yu R, Nissen NN, Bannykh SI. Cardiac complications as initial manifestation of pheochromocytoma: frequency, outcome, and predictors. Endocr Pract. 2012;18(4):483-92.
- Carico C, Nuño M, Mukherjee D, Elramsisy A, Dantis J, Hu J, Rudnick J, Yu JS, Black KL, Bannykh SI, Patil CG. Loss of PTEN is not associated with poor survival in newly diagnosed glioblastoma patients of the temozolomide era. PLoS One. 2012;7(3):e33684.
- Mineharu Y, King G D, Muhammad AKM G, Bannykh S, Kroeger KM, Liu C, Lowenstein PR, Castro M G.. Engineering the Brain Tumor Microenvironment Enhances the Efficacy of Dendritic Cell Vaccination: Implications for clinical trial design. Clin Cancer Res 2011;17(14); 1-14.
- Fukuoka H., Cooper O, Mizutani J, Tong Y, Ren S-G, Bannykh S, Melmed S. HER2/ErbB2 Receptor Signaling in Rat and Human Prolactinoma Cells: Strategy for Targeted Prolactinoma Therapy. Mol Endocrinol. 2011; 25:92-103.
- Cooper O, Ben-Shlomo A, Bonert V, Bannykh S, Mirocha J, Melmed S.Silent corticogonadotroph adenomas: clinical and cellular characteristics and long-term outcomes. Horm Cancer 2010;1:80-92.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Serguei Bannykh, MD, PhD.