Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
W. Stephen Nichols, MD
Medical Director, Microbiology
- Molecular Pathology
Education and Training
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM; MD
- Residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
Medical Board Certifications
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Clinical Pathology
- Board Certified, Immunopathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinical Microbiology; Molecular Pathology
Awards and Activities
- Co-Chair, Biosafety Committee, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Past-Vice Chair, Clinical Pathology, Cedars-Sinai
- Miyasaki Y, Morgan MA, Chan RC, Nichols WS, Hujer KM, Bonomo RA, Murthy AR. In vitro activity of antibiotic combinations against multidrug-resistant strains of Acinetobacter baumannii and the effects of their antibiotic resistance determinants. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2012 Mar;328(1):26-31.
- Kitahara S, Chan RC, Nichols WS, Silva EG. Deceiving high-grade cervical dysplasias identified as human papillomavirus non-16 and non-18 types by Invader human papillomavirus assays. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2012 Apr;16(2):100-6.
- Wong AK, Chan RC, Nichols WS, Bose S. Invader Human Papillomavirus (HPV) 16 and 18 Assays as an Adjunct to HPV Screening of Cervical Pap Smears with Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance (ASC-US). Cancer 115:823-32, 2009.
- Miyasaki Y, Nichols WS, Morgan MA, Kwan JA, Van Benschoten MM, Kittell PE, Hardy WD. Screening of herbal extracts against multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. Phytother Res. 2010 Aug;24(8):1202-6.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by W. Stephen Nichols, MD.