Xuemo Sean Fan, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Pathology
Co-Director, Surgical Pathology Fellowship
Education and Training
- Nanjing Medical University, China; MD
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX; PhD
- Postdoctoral fellowship in molecular neuroendocrinology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Fellowship in Neuropathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Fellowship in Surgical Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Medical Board Certification
- Board Certified, Anatomic Pathology
- Board Certified, Neuropathology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Endocrine pathology
- Breast Pathology
Awards and Activities
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching
- National Research Service Award: Neuroscience Postdoctoral Training Grant Fellowship
- Galveston Neuroscience Chapter Travel Award
- Phuphanich S, Wheeler CJ, Rudnick JD, Mazer M, Wang H, Nuño MA, Richardson JE, Fan X, Ji J, Chu RM, Bender JG, Hawkins ES, Patil CG, Black KL, Yu JS (2012) Phase I trial of a multi-epitope-pulsed dendritic cell vaccine for patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2013:62:125-35.
- Walts AE, Bose S, Fan X, Frishberg D, Scharre K, Venturina M, Zhai J, Marchevsky AM. A simplified Bethesda System for reporting thyroid cytopathology using only four categories improves intra- and interobserver diagnostic agreement and provides non-overlapping estimates of malignancy risks. Diagn Cytopathol, 2012;40 Suppl 1:E62-8. doi: 10.1002/dc.21697.
- Liu NA, Jiang H, Ben-Shlomo A, Wawrowsky K, Fan X, Lin S, Melmed S. Targeting zebrafish and murine pituitary corticotroph tumors with a cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor. PNAS 2011;108:8414-8419.
Click here for a list of peer-reviewed publications by Xuemo Fan, MD, PhD.