Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for positions at Cedars-Sinai?
- Please visit our on-line Career Center at: http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/careers where you can create a profile and search for available employment opportunities. Please submit your profile for the position(s) that you are qualified for. If you do not see current openings that match your qualifications and interests, you are still welcome to create a profile. To increase the chances of being considered for a job, submit your profile to a specific position or positions. We encourage you to create Job Agents to get email notifications when a position becomes available.
- The Cedars-Sinai Recruitment and Workforce Planning Office is located at:
How do I create a profile?
- When you visit our on-line Career Center, the onscreen information will guide you on how to create your profile. A resume is required to be considered for all positions. An e-mail address is required to create a profile. If you do not have an e-mail address, there are several providers available that offer free e-mail accounts.
- You are able to return to your profile at any time to view the status of a job that you have applied to, search and apply to new positions and update your information.
- Make sure to remember your username (e-mail address) as it will remain unchanged as long as the profile is active, even if the primary e-mail address on the profile is updated.
- It is important for your profile to be both saved and submitted. Please make that you click both the Confirm and Submit buttons.
Do I need to create a separate profile for each position I'm interested in?
- No,please do not create a duplicate profile. Once you have created your profile, you may apply to one or multiple positions or career portals. Duplicating your profile will not increase the chances of obtaining a job.
Back to Top
Do I need to create a separate profile for each Career Center?
- No, please do not create a duplicate profile. Once you have created your profile for one of our Career Centers, you may submit the same profile for consideration for positions posted on different Career Centers. Duplicating your profile will not increase the chances of obtaining a job.
How often should I update my profile?
- We recommend that you regularly update your profile to keep it current (e.g.: additional employment experience, completion of a degree, new address/phone number/e-mail, etc.). You may continue to apply to new positions without creating a new profile each time, simply enter your username and password to access your profile.
What if I forget my username or password?
- After you have created a new profile, your username and password will be e-mailed to you. It is recommended that you keep this e-mail for future reference. If your account has a valid e-mail address, you can enter your user name and your password will be e-mailed to you. If you forget your username and do not have a valid e-mail address, we will be unable to provide your password.
How can I verify that you received my resume?
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation once your profile has been created, which requires that your resume is attached. Please make that you click both the Confirm and Submit buttons.
Once I apply, how long does the process take? When will I be contacted?
- Once you have applied to a specific position, we receive your information for immediate review. If your information has been selected for further consideration, you will typically be contacted either by phone or email. The average timeframe varies between 1-4 weeks.
- Cedars-Sinai receives an extremely large number of qualified job applicants for many of our openings. Unfortunately, we cannot personally contact each applicant or all applicants for a specific job opening.
I am a current Cedars-Sinai employee. How do I apply for a transfer?
- Current Cedars-Sinai employees will use the Cedars-Sinai Career Center. Using your Employee ID number will gain you access to the site. You will then search for available employment opportunities. Please apply to position(s) stated where your experience and education meet minimum qualifications. You will be considered for positions where your background meets the job requirements.
How long do I need to be working in my current position before I am eligible for a transfer?
Thank you for you interest in employment with Cedars-Sinai Health System. Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity and is committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- An employee must complete at least six (6) months service in his/her department.
2013 © Cedars-Sinai.
All Rights Reserved.
a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization