Things To Do in LA
LA is not all about shopping malls and movie stars, though you can definitely find a few of those. Besides being the movie capital of the world, Los Angeles is home to world-class museums, unparalleled entertainment venues, unique shopping and dinning experiences, great weather and beautiful beaches. From the celeb-frequented shops along Rodeo Drive, to the colorful street performers on the Venice boardwalk, there is something for absolutely everyone. Grab lunch and people watch at the numerous cafes and restaurants surrounding Cedars-Sinai. Or, fill up with art at the MOCA Pacific Design Center, just a few blocks from Cedars-Sinai. Just two hours to San Diego, four to Las Vegas and six to San Francisco--three stellar destinations, among many more, that California have to offer.
For a complete list of resources close to the medical center, please visit our Los Angeles Area Resources page.
- Santa Monica Beach and 3rd St. Promenade
- The Grove www.thegrovela.com
- Farmer's Market www.farmersmarketla.com
- Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venice for funky, hip shops and restaurants
- Melrose Ave. for great shops and cafes/restaurants
- Beverly Hills for some of the world's best restaurants including Koi, Spago and Cut
- Osteria Mozza
- Real Food Daily
- Joan's on Third
- Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
- Residents enjoy Runyon Canyon Park for a great hike and workout with the dogs.
- Hurry Curry in Little Japantown
- Zankou Chicken in West LA
- Cut and Craft for great steak
- Corner Place in Koreatown
- Santa Monica, Malibu and Manhattan Beach
- Griffith Park and Observatory
- Crustacean in Beverly Hills --Love the Dungeness crab with Garlic noodles
- Honey Kettle Chicken in Culver City is much better than KFC or Popeye's
- Saladang Song -- Amazing Thai food in Pasadena. It's totally worth the drive!
- Cho Sun Korean BBQ Restaurant
- Lawry's Restaurant
- Din Tai Fung -- Great dumpling house in Arcadia. The original is in Taipei - another place worth the drive.
- R&D Kitchen
1512 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90403 --This is the same owners as Houston's, but better food!
- Resident happy hours across the street from Cedars-Sinai at Third Stop
- First Fridays on Abbott Kinney in Venice Beach
- Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk every month
- Playing beach volleyball on weekends in Hermosa Beach
- Outdoor concerts at Hollywood Bowl
- Up and coming musicians nightly at the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood
- More good restaurants, cafes, bars, coffee shops, food trucks, and ethnic holes-in-the-wall than you could possibly visit in four years
- Museum of Jurassic Technology in Culver City
- Exhibits and free jazz nights at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art a few blocks away in Mid-Wilshire