Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery has an ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education) two-year training program in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery.
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, led by Alfredo Trento, MD, focuses primarily on the areas of cardiovascular surgery and heart and lung transplantation. The Division of Thoracic Surgery is led by Robert McKenna, MD, who is a pioneer in minimally invasive thoracic surgery.
The Thoracic Surgery Residency Program will allow the resident physician to:
- Gain both medical and surgical expertise in the treatment of heart, lung and esophageal diseases
- Acquire skills required for accurate and appropriate preoperative evaluation and treatment and postoperative management
- Attain expertise in performing a broad range of cardiothoracic surgical procedures
- Learn the basic science and clinical tools necessary to thrive in an academic environment
To qualify for admission to the program the applicant must be eligible for examination by the American Board of Surgery, having completed a full residency in General Surgery.
- All applications are through ERAS. Please contact ERAS for detailed procedures to complete application.
Submit the following documents:
- All positions are offered through the NRMP match system. Program ID: 4600531118
- Applicant Checklist: Click Here for a detailed list of items that must be on file to be considered for an interview.