Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Advance Healthcare Directive
Make Your Wishes Known
It's a basic step every adult should take to plan for the future.
Whether you're young or old, healthy or sick, now is the time to make your healthcare wishes known by completing an Advance Healthcare Directive.
This is a powerful tool that allows you to specify the medical treatment you would want or not want if you cannot speak for yourself. You also can name a trusted healthcare "agent" to decide what's best for you if can't communicate your wishes.
Cedars-Sinai's booklet will guide you through and instruct you about the advance directive as well as provide answers to common questions and a "Discussing Your Wishes" form to help you clarify and talk about your goals and values.
There's a link below to access the full booklet. Or you may wish to click on the link that takes you directly to the advance directive.
It's difficult to anticipate every possible scenario when you complete an advance directive, so it's crucial to have conversations with your loved ones, healthcare agent and physician about your treatment preferences and the reasons behind the choices you put in writing. This will help them to honor your wishes and ease the emotional burden they would face if they must make difficult healthcare decisions for you.
- Download the full advance directive booklet from a PDF Cedars-Sinai’s Advance Healthcare Directive Booklet
- PDF advance directive forms that can be completed online are available here
- Attend a free Advance Care Planning class
- For additional information please visit Healthcare Ethics
- Farsi - یک نسخه ترجمه شده از رهنمود بهداشت و درمان پیشرفته را می توان با کلیک كردن در اینجا دان لود كنید.
- Russian - Предварительное распоряжение о медицинской помощи на русском языке можно скачать здесь
- Spanish - Puede bajar una copia traducida de la Directiva anticipada para la atención de la salud (Advance Healthcare Directive) haciendo clic aquí.