Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Cedars-Sinai is committed to providing access to quality healthcare for the community and treating all of our patients with dignity, compassion and respect. This includes providing full financial assistance (no charge) or providing services at greatly discounted prices, to eligible people who cannot afford to pay for part or all of their care. We also offer payment plans and options to meet patients’ financial needs even if they are not eligible for help under our policy.
Below is a simplified version of our financial assistance policy. For a summary of Financial Assistance Programs, click here .
- Full financial assistance (no charge) is open to people whose income and cash assets are at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level ($48,600 for a family of four in 2016).
- Partial financial assistance (discounted charge) is open to people whose income is in the range of 201 percent to 450 percent of the federal poverty level ($49,086 to $109,350 for a family of four in 2016).
- Discounts are on a sliding scale based on family size and income level.
Eligibility for financial help is determined without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or educational background.
How to Apply
Download and complete a financial assistance application that will be reviewed by Cedars-Sinai. You may turn in your form:
Cedars-Sinai Financial Assistance Processing Unit
P.O. Box 48954
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Cedars-Sinai Patient Financial Advocates Office
South Tower, Room 1740
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
By fax: 323 866-3077
You can ask for the form at our registration and admission desks. You can also get the application and help filling the application out and turning it in by calling us:
- Prior to admission or after you have received your bill: Patient Financial Services, 323-866-8600
- For patients who have been admitted to the hospital, please call: Patient Financial Advocates, 310-423-5071
What Services are Covered
The assistance policy applies only to services provided by Cedars-Sinai. These services include:
- Those provided at Cedars-Sinai by Cedars-Sinai’s emergency department physicians of Community Urgent Care Medical Group Inc.
- Those provided by Cedars-Sinai faculty physicians in their capacity as faculty or physicians employed by Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation.
- Those provided by medical groups that have an exclusive professional services agreement with Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation.
- Medical center facility services
- Medically necessary services such as imaging
Only medically necessary procedures are eligible for approval.
Financial assistance for elective procedures and for follow-up care is limited to patients who live in the Cedars-Sinai service area or as otherwise approved by an officer of Cedars-Sinai.
Which Doctors Are Covered
Not all doctors who practice at Cedars-Sinai take part in our Financial Assistance Policy. To see if your doctor is included, review the Financial Assistance Provider Listing of participating and nonparticipating doctors. This list is updated quarterly.
If your doctor has a "yes" in the first column, he or she is included. If your doctor has a "no" in the first column, be sure to ask if he or she has private financial assistance policy.
It is possible that your doctor is covered by our policy as part of a group (such as faculty physicians) but that his or her private practice is not.
Whether or not your doctor is listed as covered by the policy, it is a good idea to check with your doctor’s office directly to ensure you get the most recent, accurate information.
Other Assistance Options
Government assistance programs:
- California Victims of Crime Compensation Program
- California Healthy Families Program
- California Health Benefit Exchange (Covered California)
For more on government options, call Patient Financial Advocates, 310-423-5071.
Cash discounts — for those who do not have insurance. Call Cash and Insurance Pricing Line, 310-423-4890
Cash packages — for those who lack or do not wish to use their insurance. Usually covers hospital and anesthesiologist fees for outpatient procedures. Call Cash and Insurance Pricing Line, 310-423-4890
Financial Assistance Policy
Click the links below for the full Cedars-Sinai Financial Assistance Policy in English, Farsi, Russian and Spanish.
- Financial Assistance Program
- Financial Assistance Program — Farsi
- Financial Assistance Program — Russian
- Financial Assistance Program — Spanish
Call Patient Financial Services, 310-423-5071
Insurance: 800-233-2771 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Delinquent accounts are sometimes referred to third-party debt collection agencies. Debt collectors are legally required to treat you fairly. They are allowed to contact another person to confirm your location or to enforce a judgment. Debt collectors may not:
- Make false statements
- Make threats of violence
- Use obscene language
- Give information about your debt to someone other than you, your spouse or attorney
- Contact you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. except under unusual circumstances
For more information, visit the Federal Trade Commission website, call 877-382-4357 or call Cedars-Sinai, 323-866-8600.