Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care, LLC
200 N. Robertson Blvd. Ste 101
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
ACO Primary Contact:
Thomas D. Gordon
For questions or comments, please call:
Cedars-Sinai Patient & Provider Services
Cedars-Sinai is pleased to have been selected to participate as an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). Cedars-Sinai's ACO brings together physicians, hospitals and other health care professionals with the goal of delivering patient-centered care that improves the patient's quality of care, experience, and satisfaction, improves the overall health of the population and reduces the total cost of health care without compromising quality and outcomes.
This page provides information to Medicare beneficiaries regarding our participation in the Medicare Shared Savings Program and is posted to comply with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Public Reporting Guidelines. If you are a Medicare Fee-For-Service beneficiary and have questions or would like more information, please contact Cedars-Sinai Patient Services at 1-800-700-6424.
Composition of ACO:
Our ACO is a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) with sole ownership by Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation, including:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Group
- Tower Hematology/Oncology
- Los Angeles Cardiology Associates
- California Heart Center
Community Cedars-Sinai Health Associates Physicians, including:
- Alan G. Silverman, MD Inc.
- Alexander Philip Ford, MD
- Aliza A. Lifshitz, MD
- Anne L. Peters, MD
- Cardiovascular Medical Group
- David Schechter, MD
- Dorothy H. Lowe, MD, A Medical Corporation
- Entertainment Medical Group
- Farhad Melamed MD, A Medical Corporation
- Fishman & Levy MDS
- Glen Michael Wool, MD
- Jack Ditlove, MD
- James L. Meltzer, MD Inc.
- Jenny Hwang Incorporated
- Joel Schneider, MD
- Karen Sandler, DO
- Keith L. Klein, MD, FACP, FASN Inc.
- Lyle D. Kurtz, MD Inc.
- Malak Philippe Zacca Shammas, MD
- Michel J. Mazouz, MD, A Medical Corporation
- Michael Soffer, MD Inc.
- Paul Cohart, MD Inc.
- Platinum Care LA
- Ramin Gabbai MD, A Medical Corporation
- Roger L. Lerner, MD, FCAP
- Rubencio Quintana, MD Inc.
- Samuel J. Smith MD Inc.
- Stephen Copen, MD Inc.
- Steven J. Jacobs, MD Inc.
- Steven M. Simons, MD Inc.
- Susan Azad, MD Inc.
- Wendy W. Cheng, MD
Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care, is overseen by a Board of Managers.
- Thomas Priselac, Chairman of the Board & President, ACO Participant Representative – CSMC
- Thomas Gordon, Executive Director and CEO, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
- Edward Prunchunas, Chief Financial Officer, ACO Participant Representative – CSMC
- Peter Braveman, Secretary, ACO Participant Representative – CSMC
- Stephen Deutsch, MD, Medical Director, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
Board of Managers:
- Robert Eller, Medicare Beneficiary Representative
- Vera Guerin, ACO Participant Representative - CSMCF
- Rick Jacobs, ACO Participant Representative - CSMC
- Michael Langberg, MD, ACO Participant Representative - CSMC
- Thomas Leanse, ACO Participant Representative - CSMCF
- James Meltzer, MD, ACO Participant Representative – Solo practitioner
- Stewart Middler, MD, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
- James Nathan, ACO Participant Representative - CSMCF
- Lawrence Platt, ACO Participant Representative – CSMC
- Mark Siegel, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
- Theodore Stein, MD, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
- Leslie Vermut, MD, ACO Participant Representative - CSMCF
ACO Committees and Key Leadership Personnel
Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care is actively engaging its participants through four committees. Below are details on the committees and leadership.
- Medical Director: Stephen Deutsch, MD (CSMCF)
- Cedars-Sinai Clinical Integration Clinical Performance Task Force: Co-Chaired by Steve Simons, MD (solo practitioner) & Jerome Wang, MD (CSMCF)
- Cedars-Sinai Clinical Integration Clinical Physician Network Management Task Force: Co-Chaired by Jack Ditlove, MD (solo practitioner) & Daniel Stone, MD (CSMCF)
- Cedars-Sinai Clinical Integration Clinical Care Coordination Task Force: Co-Chaired by Anne Peters, MD (solo practitioner) & Clement Yang, MD (CSMCF)
- Cedars-Sinai Clinical Integration Clinical Financial Model Task Force: Co-Chaired by David Schechter, MD (solo practitioner) & Jerry Whitman, MD (solo practitioner)
Amount of Shared Savings/Losses
- Performance Year 1: - 7,132,411
How Shared Savings Are Distributed and Aggregate Amount of Shared Savings
Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care may be eligible for sharing in savings with Medicare if a minimum savings threshold is met and there is an achievement of the quality metrics for the program. If Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care receives shared savings, qualification for distribution of savings will be evaluated at the individual physician level. Consistent with the intent of the three-part aim, shared savings distribution does not occur unless threshold performance benchmarks of quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction are achieved by the physician participant.
Specific amount of shared savings will be posted after completion of first year, calendar year 2013.
How Shared Savings are Distributed
- Reinvest in infrastructure: 20%
- Distribution to ACO Participants: 80%
Quality Performance Results:
2013 Performance Summary Statistics
Your ACO Performance Rate
Mean Performance Rate for All ACOs
30th Percentile Performance Rate
90th Percentile Performance Rate
Risk Standardized, All Condition Readmissions4
ASC Admissions: COPD or Asthma in Older Adults
ASC Admission: HF
Percent of PCPs who Qualified for EHR Incentive Payment
Please visit www.medicare.gov/acos.html or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048) for general questions or additional information about Accountable Care Organizations.