Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care, LLC
200 N. Robertson Blvd. Ste 101
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
ACO Primary Contact:
John E. Jenrette, MD
For questions or comments, please call:
Cedars-Sinai Patient & Provider Services
Cedars-Sinai is pleased to have been selected to participate as an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) in the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP). Cedars-Sinai's ACO brings together physicians, hospitals and other health care professionals with the goal of delivering patient-centered care that improves the patient's quality of care, experience, and satisfaction, improves the overall health of the population and reduces the total cost of health care without compromising quality and outcomes.
This page provides information to Medicare beneficiaries regarding our participation in the Medicare Shared Savings Program and is posted to comply with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Public Reporting Guidelines. If you are a Medicare Fee-For-Service beneficiary and have questions or would like more information, please contact Cedars-Sinai Patient Services at 1-800-700-6424.
Composition of ACO:
Our ACO is a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) with sole ownership by Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation, including:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Group
- Tower Hematology/Oncology
- Los Angeles Cardiology Associates
- California Heart Center
- Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic
- Santa Monica Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Group
- The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, Inc.
- Valley Internal Medicine and Nephrology Medical Group
- Access Medical Group of Marina Del Rey
Community Cedars-Sinai Health Associates Physicians, including:
- Alan G. Silverman, MD Inc.
- Alexander Philip Ford, MD
- Aliza A. Lifshitz, MD
- Anne L. Peters, MD
- Cardiovascular Medical Group
- Daniel A.S. Hoffman, A Medical Corporation
- David Schechter, MD
- Dorothy H. Lowe, MD, A Medical Corporation
- Entertainment Medical Group
- Farhad Melamed MD, A Medical Corporation
- Fishman & Levy MDS
- Glen Michael Wool, MD
- Jack Ditlove, MD
- James L. Meltzer, MD Inc.
- Joel Schneider, MD
- Keith L. Klein, MD, FACP, FASN Inc.
- Lyle D. Kurtz, MD Inc.
- Malak Philippe Zacca Shammas, MD
- Michel J. Mazouz, MD, A Medical Corporation
- Michael Soffer, MD Inc.
- One Medical Group, Inc.
- Paul Cohart, MD Inc.
- Platinum Care LA
- Ramin Gabbai MD, A Medical Corporation
- Roger L. Lerner, MD, FCAP
- Samuel J. Smith MD Inc.
- Stephen Copen, MD Inc.
- Steven J. Jacobs, MD Inc.
- Steven M. Simons, MD Inc.
- Wendy W. Cheng, MD
Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care, is overseen by a Board of Managers.
- Thomas Priselac, Chairman of the Board & President, ACO Participant Representative – CSMC
- John E. Jenrette, Executive Vice President, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
- Edward Prunchunas, Chief Financial Officer, ACO Participant Representative – CSMC
- Peter Braveman, Secretary, ACO Participant Representative – CSMC
- Stephen Deutsch, MD, Medical Director, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
Board of Managers:
- Robert Eller, Medicare Beneficiary Representative
- Vera Guerin, ACO Participant Representative - CSMCF
- Rick Jacobs, ACO Participant Representative - CSMC
- Michael Langberg, MD, ACO Participant Representative - CSMC
- Thomas Leanse, ACO Participant Representative - CSMCF
- Stewart Middler, MD, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
- James Nathan, ACO Participant Representative - CSMCF
- Lawrence Platt, ACO Participant Representative – CSMC
- Mark Siegel, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
- Theodore Stein, MD, ACO Participant Representative – CSMCF
- Gerald Whitman, MD, IPA Representative – Solo Practitioner
- Leslie Vermut, MD, ACO Participant Representative - CSMCF
ACO Committees and Key Leadership Personnel
Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care is actively engaging its participants through four committees. Below are details on the committees and leadership.
- Medical Director: Stephen Deutsch, MD (CSMCF)
- Clinical Excellence Council: Chaired by John Jenrette, MD
- Clinical Performance Committee: chaired by Stephen Deutsch, MD, and Clement Yang, MD
- Patient Safety Committee: Chaired by Myles Cohen, MD
- Population Health Alignment and Strategic Execution: chaired by Brad Rosen, MD, Sharon Isonaka, MD, and Cynthia Deculus
Amount of Shared Savings/Losses
- Performance Year 1: - 7,132,411
- Performance Year 2: -20,331,592
How Shared Savings Are Distributed and Aggregate Amount of Shared Savings
Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care may be eligible for sharing in savings with Medicare if a minimum savings threshold is met and there is an achievement of the quality metrics for the program. If Cedars-Sinai Accountable Care receives shared savings, qualification for distribution of savings will be evaluated at the individual physician level. Consistent with the intent of the three-part aim, shared savings distribution does not occur unless threshold performance benchmarks of quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction are achieved by the physician participant.
Specific amount of shared savings will be posted after completion of first year, calendar year 2013.
How Shared Savings are Distributed
- Reinvest in infrastructure: 20%
- Distribution to ACO Participants: 80%
Quality Performance Results:
Quality Performance Results Table
|2013 Reporting Period||2014 Reporting Period|
Risk Standardized, All Condition Readmissions
Please visit MediCare or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048) for general questions or additional information about Accountable Care Organizations.