Brain Tumor Clinical Trials in Progress
The Cochran Brain Tumor Center is the coordination point for the physicians who specialize in clinical trials. The goal of the center is to shepherd basic research discoveries through patient trials and the government approval process. Researchers at Cedars-Sinai are racing to develop experimental treatments, and even vaccines, for fast-growing malignant tumors.
As a research facility, we often invite our patients to participate in clinical trials of new drugs and other therapies. The following links describe some of the cutting-edge research studies and clinical trials we are currently directing or have completed. For more information about basic science research used to help develop new clinical treatments, visit our Research section.
- Newly Diagnosed Anaplastic Glioma (AA/AO/AOA) Without 1p/19q Deletion: TTOG 0824 - A Phase III trial on concurrent and adjuvant temozolomide chemotherapy in Non 1/19q deleted anaplastic glioma. The CATNON intergroup trial (RTOG 0824). (more information)
- Newly Diagnosed AA/AO/AO with1p/19q Codeletion: RTOG 1071 - A Phase III intergroup study of radiotherapy versus temozolomide alone versus radiotherapy with concomitant an adjuvant temozolomide for patients with 1p/19q codeleted anaplastic glioma (CODEL-RTOG) (more information)
- Non-therapeutic Clinical Trial for All Brain Tumors - Pilot study to assess the effect of vardenafil on blood-brain and blood-tumor permeability using dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging. (more information)
- Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Multiforme - A Phase II study of Avastin® (Bevacizumab) and Tarceva® (Erlotinib) after radiation therapy and temozolomide in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme without MGMT promoter methylation (more information)
- Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Multiforme (Peptide Vaccine Immunotherapy) - Phase llb clinical trial of an investigational vaccine (ICT-107) for the treatment of newly diagnosed GBM following resection and chemo-radiation. (more information)
- Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Multiforme and Unmethylated MGMT - Core Study - Cilengtide in subjects with newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme and unmethylated MGMT gene promoter - a multicenter. open-label Phase II study, investigating two cilengtide regimens in combination with standard treatment temozolomide with concomitant radiation therapy, followed by temozolomide maintenance therapy. (more information)
- Recurrent Glioblastoma Multiforme: RTOG 0929 - A Randomized phase I/II study of ABT-888 in combination with temozolomide in recurrent (temozolomide resistant) glioblastoma (RTOG 0929). (more information)
- Initial Recurrence of Glioblastoma Multiforme - A Phase 2 study of MEDI-575 in adult subjects with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme (more information)
- Newly Diagnosed or Recurrent Malignant Glioma - A Phase I trial of surgical resection followed by vaccination with dendritic cells pulsed with tumor lysate with imiquimod for patients with malignant glioma (more information)
- Recurrent High Grade Gliomas and Brain Metastases - Pilot study of phosphodiesterase-V Inhibitor (vardenafi) to increase intratumoral concentration of carboplatin in patients with recurrent high grade gliomas and brain metastases (more information)
- Central Nervous System Lymphomas - A Phase 1A study of the addition of temozolomide to a standard conditioning regimen for autologous stem cell transplantation in relapsed and refractory centra nervous system lymphoma. (more information)
- SOM230-C TRIAL for Meningiomas - A Phase II study of SOM230C in patients with recurrent or progressive meningioma who have previously undergone or are not candidates for additional surgery or radiation (more information)
For an appointment, a second opinion or more information, please call 1-800-CEDARS-1 (1-800-233-2771) or e-mail us.