Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
In the News
From the time Cedars-Sinai performed its first organ transplant in 1966, we have been making news. Whether it's a miraculous recovery or a new discovery, we keep our public informed through newsletters, videos and news releases*.
- Rituximab and Intravenous Immune Globulin for Desensitizaton during Renal Transplantation
- Reducing Antibody Levels in Patients Undergoing Transplantation
- New Approaches for Desensitization Strategies Prior to Kidney Transplantation
- Rafael Villicana, Amanda Kim, Shi-Hui Pan, Alice Peng, Joseph Kahwaji, Chih-Hung Lai, Nancy Reinsmoen, Stanley Jordan, Steven Colquhoun. Outcomes of Highly Sensitized Simultaneous Liver-Kidney Transplant Patients. Presented at the American Transplant Congress in San Diego, CA. May 1-5, 2010. *recipient of “Poster of Distinction” ribbon
- Ashley A. Vo, PharmD, Marina Lukovsky, PharmD, Mieko Toyoda, PhD, Jennifer Wang, MD, Nancy L. Reinsmoen, PhD, Chih-Hung Lai, PhD, Alice Peng, MD, Rafael Villicana, MD, and Stanley C. Jordan, MD. Rituximab and Intravenous Immunoglobulin G for Desensitization in Renal Transplantation. The New England Journal of Medicine; 2008; 359: 242-51.
- Reinsmoen N, Lai CH, Vo A, Cao K, Ong G, Naim M, Wang Q, and Jordan SC. Acceptable Donor-Specific Antibody Levels Allowing for Successful Deceased and Living Donor Kidney Transplantation After Desensitization Therapy. Transplantation 2008;86:820-825.
- Stanley C. Jordan, Mieko Toyoda, and Ashley A. Vo. Intravenous Immunoglobulin a Natural Regulator of Immunity and Inflammation. Transplantation July 15, 2009: Vol 88: 1-6.
- Joseph Kahwaji, Chris Tong, Stanley C. Jordan, and Ashley A. Vo. Rituximab: An Emerging Therapeutic Agent for Kidney Transplantation. Transplant Research and Risk Management. 2009: 15-29.
- Joseph Kahwaji, Eva Barker, Sam Pepkowitz, Ellen Klapper, Rafael Villicana, Alice Peng, Robert Chang, Stanley Jordan, and Ashley Vo. Acute Hemolysis After High-Dose Intravenous Immunoglobulin Therapy in Highly HLA Sensitized Patients. American Society of Nephrology. 4:1993-1997, 2009.
- Sivakumaran P., Vo, A.A., Villicana, R., Peng, A., Jordan, S.C., Pepkowitz, S.H., Klapper, E.B. Therapeutic Plasma Exchange for Desensitization Prior to Transplantation in ABO-Incompatible Renal Allografts. J Clin Apher. 2009. 24(4): 155-60.
- Toyoda, M., Pao, A., Vo , A., Lukovsky, M., Radha, R., Sadu, T., Ge, S., Reinsmoen, N., Chai, N., Baden, L.,Petrosyan, A., Skinner, E., Mirocha, J., and Jordan, S. Intracellular IFNγ Production in CD3 Negative Cells Exposed to Allo-Antigens is an Indicator of Prior Sensitization. Transplant Immunology.2009. (22):121-127.
- Stanley Jordan, Nancy Reinsmoen, Alice Peng, Chih-Hung Lai, Kai Cao, Rafael Villicana, Mieko Toyoda, Joseph Kahwaji, Ashley A.Vo. Advances in Diagnosing and Managing Antibody-Mediated Rejection. Pediatr Nephrol. Published on line: January 2010.
- Vo A., Peng, A., Toyoda, M., Kahwaji, J., Cao, K., Lai, CH., Reinsmoen, N., Villicana, R., and Jordan SC. Use of Intravenous Immune Globulin and Rituximab for Desensitization of Highly HLA-Sensitized Patients Awaiting Kidney Transplantation. Transplantation 2010; 89: 1095-1102.
- Toyoda, M., Ge, S., Pao, A., Vo, Deer, N., Aguiluz, A., Karasyov, A., and Jordan, S. Cellular Allo Reactivity Against Paternal HLA Antigens in Normal Multiparous Females as Detected by Intracellular Cytokine Flow Cytometry Remains Elevated Over Years Despite Diminution of Anti-HLA Antibody Levels. Transplant Immunology. 2010.( 23):133-140.