In the News
From the time Cedars-Sinai performed its first organ transplant in 1966, we have been making news. Whether it's a miraculous recovery or a new discovery, we keep our public informed through newsletters, videos and news releases*. Check here regularly regarding, conferences, lectures, workshops, and other events sponsored by the center.
Recent Scientific Meeting Presentations
- Rafael Villicana, Amanda Kim, Shi-Hui Pan, Alice Peng, Joseph Kahwaji, Chih-Hung Lai, Nancy Reinsmoen, Stanley Jordan, Steven Colquhoun. Outcomes of Highly Sensitized Simultaneous Liver-Kidney Transplant Patients. Presented at the American Transplant Congress in San Diego, CA. May 1-5, 2010. *recipient of “Poster of Distinction” ribbon
- N.N. Nissen, A.S. Kim, E.M. Wolin, A.M. Wachsman, R. Yu, M.L. Friedman, S.D. Colquhoun. Optimal Management of Patients with Neuroendocrine Tumors: Success of a Multidisciplinary Approach. Pacific Coast Surgical Association, San Francisco. February 13 - 16, 2009
- Hong Wang, Gordon D Wu and Andrew S Klein. FGF2 and TGFâ Play Differential Roles in Differentiation of CD45+ Bone Marrow Stromal Cells into áSMA-expressing Myofibroblasts. American Transplant Congress, Boston. May 28-June 4, 2009. ATC 2009
- Gordon D Wu, Tsuyoshi Todo, Hong Wang and Andrew S Klein. Changes of Hepatocyte Enzymes, Inflammatory Cytokines and Cirrhosis-related Genes in the Early Development of Alcoholic Liver Diseases. Digestive Diseases Week, Chicago. May 30-June 4, 2009. DDW 2009
- Nicholas N. Nissen, MD, Amanda Kim, Run Yu, MD+, Ed Wolin, MD+, Marc L. Friedman, MD#, Simon Lo, MD+, Ashley Wachsman, MD#, Steven D. Colquhoun, MD*. Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors: Presentation, Management and Outcomes. Based on presentation given at 2009 Annual Scientific Meeting of the Southern California Chapter American College of Surgeons, Santa Barbara, CA Jan 16-18, 2009. Accepted for Publication in The American Surgeon.
- Kristine Baker, RN, BSN, CCTC, Liver Transplant Clinical Coordinator; One Day Liver Transplant Evaluation Process Increases Efficiency of UNOS Listing,
17th Annual UNOS Transplant Management Forum; Seattle Washington April 22-24, 2009