Cedars-Sinai recommends that your doctor evaluate your risk factors to prevent heart attacks. Do you have, or are you being treated for, any of the following:
- Yes No High blood pressure
- Yes No Abnormal cholesterol levels
- Yes No Chronic inflammatory disease or disorder (such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, HIV, inflammatory bowel disease)
- Yes No Diabetes or metabolic syndrome
- Yes No Obesity
- Yes No Family history of heart disease
- Yes No Sleep apnea
- Yes No Former or current tobacco user
- Yes No Exercise less than 30 minutes per day
Coronary calcium screening or the carotid intima media thickness test can be performed on people between the ages of 35 and 80, but generally should be considered in men over age 45 and women over 55 with one or more risk factors.
Please call (310) 423-8000 and press 15 to schedule an appointment. You will need to provide the phone number of a physician to whom the results will be sent.