Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute has established a reputation for excellent outcomes. To promote better outcomes in the medical community at large, the Institute offers a variety of education programs for physicians, nurses, trainees and students.
For a complete listing of medical staff members in the Division of Cardiology, click here .
Grand Rounds and Conferences
The following clinical teaching conferences for physicians are held regularly during the year:
- Cardiology Grand Rounds: Weekly, on Tuesdays; 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- EKG/Electrophysiology Conference: Weekly, on Tuesdays; 8:00-9:00 a.m.
- Heart Institute Research Seminars: Weekly, on Tuesdays; 12:00 p.m.
- Cardiac Catheterization Conference: Weekly, on Wednesdays 7:30 a.m.
- Echo Conference: Weekly, on Wednesdays; 12:00 p.m.
- Fellows' Imaging Case Conference; Weekly, on Thursdays; 8:15 a.m.
- Fellows' CPC: Monthly, on the first, second, and fourth Thursdays; 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Fellows' CICU Case Conference: Weekly, on Fridays; 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Cardiovascular Training Programs
The Division of Cardiology offers several clinical and research training programs, which include:
Clinical Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases
The Cedars-Sinai Cardiology Fellowship is an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-approved, three-year training program in cardiovascular disease. The first two years are devoted to clinical training in general and critical care cardiology, heart failure and transplantation, mechanical circulatory devices, cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, preventive cardiology, vascular medicine, congenital heart disease and noninvasive cardiac imaging, including echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, cardiac CT, PET and MRI. The third year is devoted to clinical electives and investigative training in basic and translational cardiology research. A comprehensive core lecture series and daily conferences supplement the clinical training. The program conforms to the Core Cardiology Training Symposium guidelines of the American College of Cardiology. An optional fourth year is available for individuals who desire advanced research training.
For more information, visit our Cardiology Fellowship page or contact Carol Nati, program coordinator, at 310-423-4876 or write to Division of Cardiology, Cedars-Sinai, 127 S. San Vicente Blvd. Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, A3100, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Advanced Clinical Training Fellowships in Cardiology
ACGME-approved advanced clinical training is available in the following three areas:
- Heart Failure/Transplantation
- Interventional Cardiology
Please contact Xenia Lovrekovic-Delic, department academic coordinator of the Division of Cardiology, at 310-248-6719 or write to Division of Cardiology, Cedars-Sinai, 127 S. San Vicente Blvd. Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, A3100, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Other clinical training opportunities (non-ACGME) are available in:
- Women's Heart Disease and Health
Please contact C. Noel Bairey Merz, MD, medical director, Women's Health Center, at 310-423-9680 or write to Barbra Streisand Women's Heart Center, Cedars-Sinai, 127 S. San Vicente Blvd. Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, A3206, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- Cardiac Imaging
Please contact Daniel Berman, MD, chief, Cardiac Imaging and Nuclear Cardiology, at 310-423-4223 or write to Cedars-Sinai, 8700 Beverly Blvd. Taper 1258, Street Level, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
Research Training in Cardiology
- National Institutes of Health T32-supported Postdoctoral Fellowships in Advanced Research Training in Basic and Translational Cardiovascular Research are available for MDs, PhDs or equivalent through the Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute (U.S. citizens or permanent residents only).
- For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Joshua I. Goldhaber, MD, director of Basic Research Programs, Cedars Sinai Heart Institute, 8700 Beverly Blvd. Davis Building Room 1017, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- Research fellowships are also offered by individual Heart Institute faculty on a case-by-case basis. See a complete Heart Institute faculty listing.