Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center’s interventional radiologists are board-certified physicians who specialize in minimally invasive, image-guided treatments. They use X-rays, CT, ultrasound, MRI and other advanced imaging techniques to direct a thin tube or catheter to a specific location in the body to diagnose and treat disease. Interventional radiologists pioneered these minimally invasive techniques to treat many conditions that once required traditional surgery and are now treated with typically less risk, less pain and a shorter recovery time than open surgery.
For more information, links below offer detailed descriptions of the most common interventional radiology procedures performed at the S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center:
- Breast Needle Localization
- Fistulagram - Dialysis
- Radiofrequency Ablation - Lung, Liver, or Renal (Kidney)
- Internal Radiation Therapy for the Liver
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (310) 423-8000.
Needed by noon the day before an exam: Written orders, H&Ps (within last
30 days), pre-op labs (within 2 weeks; CBC, BMP [basic metabolic panel] & PT/PTT).
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before procedure.
- Morning of procedure, take blood pressure and/or heart medications with a sip of water unless told otherwise.
- You will not be allowed to drive after procedure so please arrange transportation.
- Ask your doctor about discontinuing aspirin or blood thinners 7 days before procedure.
- Tell the staff if you have NOT had lab work or are on any medication.
- Between 4 and 5:30 pm the day before, we will call you with the full preparation instructions. If you are not called by 5:30 pm, please call us at (310) 423-2468.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake, and West Hollywood.