Also known as "Neurolite brain SPECT" or "brain SPECT with and without Diamox."
- Patient Information Sheet for Brain SPECT.
- Directions and Parking Information
- Adler/Nail and Cedars-Sinai Research for Women's Cancers P.E.T. Center
This study determines the blood perfusion of the brain. Diamox is used to increase blood flow to the brain and is used in conjunction with Neurolite in some cases.
The study is used to diagnose or evaluate a range of conditions, including:
- Head trauma
- Chemical exposure
- Lyme disease
- Drug toxicity
Please tell your doctor if you suffer from migraine headaches and/or are allergic to sulfa drugs. You should not have Diamox. However, we can use Adenosine as a substitute.
- This is a two-part study that requires two separate visits
- The two studies should be at least two days apart but not more than two months apart
- Schedule after 1 p.m. only, due to dose availability
- Procedure time is approximately 1.5 hours for the baseline study
- Procedure time is approximately 2.5 hours for the Diamox