A written order from your physician is needed for an interventional radiology procedure.
For physicians: needed by noon the day before an exam — written orders, H&Ps (within past 30 days), pre-op labs (within two weeks; CBC, BMP [basic metabolic panel] and PT/PTT).
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before procedure.
- Morning of procedure, take blood pressure and/or heart medications with a sip of water unless told otherwise.
- You will not be allowed to drive after procedure so please arrange transportation.
- Ask your doctor about discontinuing aspirin or blood thinners seven days before procedure.
- Tell the staff if you have NOT had lab work or are on any medication.
- Between 4 and 5:30 p.m. the day before, we will call you with the full preparation instructions. If we do not reach you by 5:30 p.m., please call us at 310-423-2468.
- You will not be allowed to drive after your exam, so please have transportation home arranged.
For detailed preparation instructions, you will need to call one of the following numbers:
For the following interventional radiology procedures:
Please call 310-423-2468
For uterine fibroid embolization, internal radiation therapy for the liver (SIR-Spheres), radiofrequency ablation or other types of ablation (cryoablation, alcohol or microwave ablation), or irreversible electroporation scheduling, information or for preparation instructions:
Please call 310-423-8694
For biopsies (non-neurologic):
Please call 310-423-8000
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake and West Hollywood.