Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
General Interventional Radiology Preparation
A written order from your physician is needed for an interventional radiology procedure.
For Physicians: Needed by noon the day before an exam: Written orders, H&Ps (within last 30 days), pre-op labs (within 2 weeks; CBC, BMP [basic metabolic panel] & PT/PTT).
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before procedure.
- Morning of procedure, take blood pressure and/or heart medications with a sip of water unless told otherwise.
- You will not be allowed to drive after procedure so please arrange transportation.
- Ask your doctor about discontinuing aspirin or blood thinners 7 days before procedure.
- Tell the staff if you have NOT had lab work or are on any medication.
- Between 4 and 5:30 pm the day before, we will call you with the full preparation instructions. If you do not reach you by 5:30 pm, please call us at (310) 423-2468.
- You will not be allowed to drive after your exam, so please have transportation home arranged.
For detailed preparation instructions, you will need to call one of the following numbers:
For the following Interventional Radiology procedures:
Please call: (310) 423-2468
Please call: (310) 423-8694
For Biopsies (non-neurologic)
Please call: (310) 423-8000
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake, and West Hollywood.