A written order from your physician is needed for this study.
Exercise/Pharmacologic Myocardial Perfusion Study (exam time: PET two to three hours; SPECT three to four hours)
Same preps for exercise stress, pharmacological stress testing (thallium sestamibi), vasodilator stress (adenosine, regadenoson), dobutamine stress, stress myocardial perfusion PET (rubidium), myocardial viability PET (FDG), although duration of the study varies.
- Do not eat or drink caffeine products (chocolate, soda, tea, coffee or Excedrin®) for 24 hours before exam. Note: Decaffeinated products contain caffeine.
- Do not eat or drink for three hours before your appointment.
- Drinking water is OK.
- Consult your physician about going off beta blockers for 48 hours and calcium channel blockers 24 hours before your exam.
- Bring all your medications or a list of them with doses.
- For SPECT exams, wear a comfortable 2-piece outfit and walking shoes.
The S. Mark Taper Foundation Imaging Center provides a full range of advanced imaging, both radiology and cardiology, as well as interventional radiology and interventional tumor (oncology) treatments to the greater Los Angeles area, including Beverly Hills, Encino, Mid-Cities, Sherman Oaks, Silver Lake, Studio City, Toluca Lake and West Hollywood.