A variety of imaging tests are available for patients who have no symptoms but who are at risk for certain conditions. These tests are not reimbursed by Medicare or many insurance companies. They require payment in full at the time of the study.
Physician name and address required (results will be sent to the physician):
- CT Coronary Calcium Scan - Detects and measures coronary arterial calcium (atherosclerosis), an early indicator of disease in the coronary arteries
- Lung Screening (CT) - Detects lung cancer and other abnormalities of the lungs, including emphysema, before it can be detected by lung function tests
Physician referrals needed:
- Screening Carotid Ultrasound - Identifies blood flow blockages to the brain, an indicator of stroke risk
- Screening Abdominal Aortic Ultrasound - For detection of aortic aneurysms
- CT Coronary Angiogram - Earliest detection of plaque in coronary arteries, early sign of heart disease
- Mammography - For detection of breast cancer and other conditions of the breast
- Coronary CT Angiography (CCTA) - Assesses coronary stenosis, and the extent of non-calcified "soft" and calcified "hard" plaque
- CT Colonography - An alternative to colonoscopy for detection of colon cancer
- Cerebral Aneurysm Screening (Brain MRI/MRA) - Early detection of brain abnormalities including tumors and aneurysms; may predict stroke or dementia
- MRI Abdominal/Pelvic - An exam of the abdominal and pelvic regions
- Bone Density - Detects osteoporosis that can lead to fractures
To schedule an appointment, please call 310.423.8000.