Options, risks, complications
- Important to identify underlying lesion which will change treatment (ie risk of pathologic fracture)
- Curettage, cryosurgery, bone grafting, fusion
- Risk of bleeding during surgery
- Preoperative embolization
- Complications: Aseptic necrosis
- Percutaneous Ethibloc injection
- Radiation therapy
- Risk of sarcomatous degeneration
(click here for a larger version of the image abov.)
Patient underwent preoperative embolization, tumor resection, and spinal fusion procedure.
- Brant, William E. and Helms, Clyde A. Fundamentals of Diagnostic Radiology. 3rd ed, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2006. Volume 4. p. 1149.
- Manaster, B.J., et. al. Musculoskeletal Imaging: The Requisites. 3rd ed, Mosby, Philadelphia, 2007. Pp. 503-506.