Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
CT Brain Special Protocols
Computed tomography special protocols are ordered for specific requirements or surgical planning involving the brain.
- CT of the brain (or spine) with stealth protocol.
Uses a special computer system for image-guided surgeries.
- CT of the brain with Lorenz protocol.
Creates 3-D imaging models for surgical procedures.
- CT of the head with fiducials.
This places markers on the outside of the head to help surgeons accurately orient images to the patient.
These special procedures are indicated for specific treatment planning. This will be determined by the ordering physician and/or the imaging physician.
Contrast may be given, depending on the indications. This will be determined by the ordering physician and/or the imaging physician.
No preparation is required.
- Only one CT contrast study should be scheduled within a 48 hour period.
- BUN and creatinine must be done within 72 hours of the scan.
- Nothing but clear liquid after midnight before the scan.
- NPO four hours prior to exam (no food or drink).