Retrospective reviews are IRB-approved and monitored studies which allow investigators to access and analyze specific medical data to demonstrate whether a specific treatment was successful or the potential benefit of diagnostic imaging techniques.
- 27217: The Effectiveness of FDG-PET in the Evaluation of Pulmonary Nodules. Summary: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the value of FDG PET for staging lung cancer. Nuclear Medicine physicians will interpret PET scans and correlate it with the pathology reports to determine whether or not SUVs may be a predictive value of the aggressiveness of the tumor.
- 29428: Imaging in Hepatorenal patients. Summary: The purpose of this study to to characterize the findings of the Tc-99m DTPA (diethylene-triamine-pentaacetate), and MAG3 (mercapto acetyl tri glycine) in patients with hepatorenal syndrome. By analyzing the glomerular and tubular functions, we hope to find a correlation that would be able to provide prognostic/diagnostic information.
- 34734: GE DatScan Retrospective review. Summary: The hypothesis being tested is that the rates of agreement between final clinical diagnosis and blinded visual assessments of DaTscan™ images are equivalent in non-Caucasians and Caucasians to assess the possible theoretical mechanisms by which race might affect DaTscan imaging.
- 35407: Retrospective Review of Normal PPMI-LONI DAT scans.
- 36123: Lyme Disease screening using SPECT. Summary: This is a retrospective review to examine the differences of blood flow in the brain between Lyme Disease scans and normal scans of the brain in order to further the knowledge on Lyme Disease and help establish SPECT scans as a diagnostic tool for this condition.
- 37033: Intracranial Hypotension: A Retrospective Review of 20 Patients. Summary: It is our hypothesis that finding of CSF leak is the result of edema secondary to mass effect. Therefore, in cases with more severe CSF leak, this finding should be more common.
- 37117: DTI to Study Head Trauma. Summary: The images from two groups of patients with head trauma, one with conventional MRI and one with MRI performed with SWI will be compared to determine whether DTI can be used to generate a biomarker of regional brain injury in a particular white matter tract.
- 16784: A comparison of various PET reading techniques in the diagnosis of dementia. Summary: Compare cases of known dementia to imaging data in an anonymized imaging data normal database developed for and accessible to the research community.
- 22367: MAG-3 Nuclear Imaging Study. Summary: This is a retrospective review to assess if the lasix washout study correctly identifies obstructive uropathy in the pediatric population.
- 25412: Evaluation of Yttrium-90 Radioembolization of Primary and Metastatic Liver Tumors Using PET, Octreotide, CT and MR Imaging and Clinical Outcomes
Summary: The purpose of this study is to assess clinical outcomes of patients who have undergone yttrium-90 radioembolization of their primary and metastatic liver tumors as a part of their medically indicated course of treatment.
- 21494: Gastric Emptying Study. Summary: This study will review the way in which gastric emptying studies have been conducted in order to effect a process improvement for diagnostic purposes.
- 20675: Comparison of Indium-111 Pentetreotide SPECT, Indium-111 Pentetreotide Planar and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Detecting Hepatic Metastasis in Patients with Neuroendocrine Tumors
Summary: The purpose of this study is to determine whether single photon imaging tomography (SPECT) imaging can detect liver metastases more accurately in comparison to Planar and MRI. The results of the study may change how physicians order future scans for patients with liver metastases.
- 20568: Optimization Time of the Octreotide Scan when comparing 4h, 24h, 74h and 7 days images
Summary: The purpose of this study is to compare Octreotide scans performed at various time points to the final diagnoses to show that Octreotide scans performed at the 72 hour and 7 day marks are more effective than scans performed at 4, 24 and 48 hours.
- 18711: Comparison of FDG-PET and Pathological Analysis in the Evaluation of Micrometastases of with Non- Small Cell Lung Carcinoma (NSCLC) in Patients: A Prospective Study of 266 Patients with Positive Mediastinal Lymph Nodes to Findings of PET/CT and the Survival Rate of NSCLC patients with Positive Nodes on PET/CT.
Summary: The purpose of this study is to analyze non-small cell lung carcinoma PET/CT data to determine whether or not PET/CT is a useful tool in the detecting micrometastases.
- 20798: Parathyroid scan and the best imaging modality used for detection of thyroid cancer
Summary: The purpose of this study is to analyze imaging data to determine the best imaging modality to detect thyroid cancer. A parathyroid scan or parathyroid scintigraphy is hypothesized to be the best modality for this.
- 17141: Comparison Between the Presence of Pain and Bone Metastasis Observed on FDG-PET Scans
Summary: This study will evaluate clinical and imaging data on the presence of bone pain in metastatic cancer. This study could potentially improve the diagnosis and treatment of cancer with bone metastasis.
- 23940: PET and MRI detection of Alzheimer Disease. Summary: The hypothesis of this study is that MRI is less specific in evaluating for early Alzheimers Disease based solely on specific brain region volumes. This aim of this study is to aid in accurately diagnosing patients with early Alzheimers disease to allow for more effective treatment.