Quality and Safety
As part of its ongoing commitment to quality of care, the Women's Guild Lung Institute continually monitors and reports on quality measures for lung cancer patients, including:
- Surgery volumes
- Average length of hospital stay
- Mortality rate following surgery, and
- Complication rates
Additonally, Cedars-Sinai monitors and reports the one-month, one-year and three-year survival data for patients who have had lung transplants at Cedars-Sinai. These data include both information about observed survival of patients at Cedars-Sinai and how that compares with what is expected, based on national experience, for similar patients.
This data is reported to the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients.
Other measures of the quality of care given to patients at Cedars-Sinai are measures on a hospital-wide basis. These include:
- Nursing excellence
- Preventing hospital-acquired infections
- Surgical care, including infection prevention and blood clot prevention
- Consumer perceptions of Cedars-Sinai
- Patient satisfaction