Quantitative Gated SPECT (QGS)
QGS is an interactive stand-alone application for the automatic segmentation, quantification and analysis of static and gated short axis myocardial perfusion SPECT.
- QGS Companion: diastolic function, AHA automatic 17 segment scoring, eccentricity calculation
- Fusion/CT: Fusion overlays of CT/CTA with SPECT, coronary artery tree 3D display
- PlusPack: Prone/supine, serial change, motion frozen, phase information, shape index, PowerPoint
QGS provides the following functionality:
- Automatic generation of left ventricle (LV) inner and outer surfaces and valve plane from three- or four- dimensional (respectively static or gated) LV short axis perfusion SPECT data, using user-supplied hints if available (e.g. approximate LV location).
- Display of projection (raw) images in static and cine mode. Two-dimensional display of gated short axis SPECT images in 1 (single), 2 (dual), 3 (triple), or 4 (quadruple) mode. (2, 3, and 4 are displayed as interleaved or side-by-side). Three-dimensional parametric display of gated short axis SPECT images in 1 (single), 2 (dual), 3 (triple), or 4 (quadruple) mode. (2, 3, and 4 are displayed as interleaved or side-by-side)
- Computation of functional metrics including LV volume/time curve, ED (end diastolic) volume, ES (end systolic) volume, SV (stroke volume), EF (ejection fraction), mid-myocardial surface area, SMS (summed motion score), STS (summed thickening score), SM% (summed motion percent), and ST% (summed thickening percent).
- Automatic generation of surfaces and polar maps, which display in parametric fashion the pattern of motion and thickening of the LV.
- Determination and display of the severity and extent of motion and thickening abnormalities using normal limits.
- Automatic generation of the segmental motion and thickening scores based on a multi-segment, multiple-point scale, and subsequent derivation of the global scores SMS (summed motion score), STS (summed thickening score), SM% (summed motion percent), and ST% (summed thickening percent) from corresponding segmental scores.
- Display of screen captures and static projection datasets.
- Storage of all generated results in a separate review file.
- Integration of ARG (Automated Report Generator) within QGS to provide day-to-day reporting functionality.
- Interactive orthogonal slice displays in standard ACC format with optional overlaid LV surface contours and labeling
- Interactive LV surface rendered images with optional orientation tags and graphics
- Parametric surface and polar map display of motion and thickening by severity and extent
- Chamber volume versus interval plot
- Global statistics, including ED and ES chamber volume and ejection fraction
- Manual override of automatic LV segmentation
- Dual (side-by-side) dataset display
The image data can be viewed in a variety of modes, from selected slices in a 2D view to a rendered 3D surface of the myocardium with function maps (perfusion, motion, thickening and regional EF).
Quantitative Gated SPECT (QGS) is designed to accept different types of files. The program provides the appropriate quantitative data.
Information regarding the availability of QGS can be found here.
- G Germano, H Kiat, PB Kavanagh, M Moriel, M Mazzanti, H Su, K Van Train, DS Berman. Automatic quantification of ejection fraction from gated myocardial perfusion SPECT. The Journal of Nuclear Medicine 36(11): 2138-2147, 1995.
- QGS Bibliography (pdf*)