Expert Team


John Reinisch, MD

Director Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery

Learn More

Specialty Physicians

Several specialty physicians may be involved in the care and treatment of patients with microtia. Some of these specialists may include:

   * Pediatric Anesthesiologist: An anesthesiologist experienced in working with young patients; some pediatric anesthesiologists are skilled at working with children and with craniofacial abnormalities which might affect anesthesia
   * Audiologist: A professional who specializes in treating individuals with impaired hearing
   * Craniofacial (Pediatric) Surgeon: Plastic and reconstructive surgeons with additional training in surgery for congenital deformities involving the skull and face
   * Pediatric Dentist: A dentist skilled in working with children that have facial deformities that extend to the teeth and jaw
   * Child Psychologist: Psychologists who work with children to help them cope with the difficulties of being born with a physical condition such as microtia or other craniofacial disorders
   * Social Worker: Social workers perform many services which may include preparing a family for surgery and providing resources for issues of concern before, during and after a procedure
   * Speech Therapist: Speech therapists concentrate on verbal communication and speech which can be an issue for some children with craniofacial abnormalities

Resources at Cedars-Sinai

   * Craniofacial Clinic
   * Psychology Services at the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences

Android app on Google Play