To further the education of our physicians and professional community, the Department of Neurosurgery hosts monthly Grand Rounds lectures, a quarterly Visiting Professor Lecture series, and weekly educational conferences.
The Department of Neurosurgery Grand Rounds series has been designed to educate our medical staff, residents, fellows and community physicians on the diagnosis and management of various nervous system disorders, and to share the latest strategies in neurological research endeavors. The Department of Neurosurgery's multi-disciplinary faculty and visiting professors present on a broad range of topics. Listed below are upcoming lectures.
January 25, 2013, 12pm: "Neuroendovascular Therapy of Cerebrovascular Disease," Robert Rosenwasser, MD, FACS, FAHA, Jewell L. Osterholm, MD Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurological Surgery, Professor of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA (Thalians Auditorium)
- June 14, 2013, 12pm: Visiting Professor: Michael Lawton, MD, Tong-Po Kan Endowed Chair, Professor and Vice-Chairman, Department of Neurological Surgery, Chief, Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Surgery Programs, Director, Cerebrovascular Disorders Program, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA (Thalians Auditorium)
Faculty and Resident Lectures
- February 22, 2013, 12pm: "Anterior Pituitary Failure," John Carmichael, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine (Thalians Auditorium)
- April 12, 2013, 12pm: "Motion Preservation for the Spine...Why?," Rick Delamarter, MD, Vice Chair for Spine Services, Department of Surgery, Co-Medical Director, The Spine Center (Thalians Auditorium)
- April 26, 2013, 12pm: "Update on Traumatic Brain Injury," Asma Moheet, MD, Neurocritical Care Fellowship Director , Department of Neurology (Thalians Auditorium)
- May 10, 2013, 12pm: Robert Ryan, MD, Senior Endovascular Neurosurgery Fellow, Department of Neurosurgery (Thalians Auditorium)
- May 24, 2013, 12pm: "Understanding the Dynamics of Low Pressure Hydrocephalus" Sunil Jeswani, MD, Chief Resident, Department of Neurosurgery (Thalians Auditorium)
- June 28, 2013, 12pm: "Stem Cells for Stroke Treatment," Paula Eboli, MD, Junior Endovascular Neurosurgery Fellow, Department of Neurosurgery (Thalians Auditorium)
Brain Tumor Board Meeting
The multidisciplinary Brain Tumor Board Meeting is held each Wednesday from 8 to 9 a.m. This Continuing Medical Education meeting is open to all physicians that wish to present a case for discussion. For further information and to register to attend, please contact:
- Rebecca Naor, PA - (310) 423-1007
The Neurovascular Continuing Medical Education Conference is held every Wednesday, from noon to 1 p.m. For further information, please contact:
- Asa Grogan - (310) 423-8949
Unless otherwise noted, events listed on this page will be held at:
|Cedars-Sinai Department of Neurosurgery|
|8631 W. Third Street, Conference Room 830E|
|Los Angeles, CA 90048|
For more information or to refer a patient, please call (310) 423-7900 or email us.