Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
2010 Brain Tumor Conference
The Cedars-Sinai Department of Neurosurgery offered interactive talks on the most recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of adult brain tumors. If you did not get to attend the conference, you may download the presentations below and learn why Cedars-Sinai is one of the top centers in the nation for brain tumor treatment.
Please click on the links below to view the presentations in a pdf format.
- Introduction, Keith Black, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Brain Tumors 101 (PDF, 19KB) - Keith Black, MD
- Role of Radiation Therapy (PDF 716KB) - Howard Sandler, MD, Chairman, Department of Radiation Oncology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Chemotherapy Treatments (PDF, 1.5MB) – Noam Drazin, MD, Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Surgery: Role and Options (PDF, 834KB)- John Yu, MD, Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Musical Interlude – Rosemary Butler
- My Story: A Journey of Survival – Maria Luisa Gonzalez Cadaval
- What's New and Promising: Treatments for Malignant Brain Tumors (PDF, 1.3MB) - Keith Black, MD
- Cancer Vaccines (PDF, 1.4MB) – John Yu, MD
- Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine as a Support System for Brain Tumor Treatment (PDF, 639KB) - Lucy Postolov, LAc, Private Attending, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Breakout Session A
- Mental Imagery for Wellness (PDF, 2.0MB) - Veronica Porche, PsyD, Post-Doctoral Psychology Fellow, Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Cancer and Nutrition Therapy (PDF, 597KB) – Paula Occiano, RD and Brittany Higbee, RD, CSO, Nutrition Services, Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Gliomas: Low and High Grade (PDF, 1.6MB) - Ray Chu, MD, Attending Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosurgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Breakout Session B
- Minimally Invasive Surgery for Tumors (PDF, 736KB) - Adam Mamelak, MD, Co-Director, Pituitary Center, Department of Neurosurgery
- Metastatic Tumors (PDF, 799KG) - John Yu, MD
- GAMMA Knife (PDF, 1.6MB) - Howard Sandler, MD
Breakout Session C: Consultants' Corner
- Attendees had the opportunity to sign up for an Educational Scan Review (second opinion) with Cedars-Sinai Neurosurgery faculty: Ray Chu, MD, Adam Mamelak, MD, and John Yu, MD.
For an appointment, a second opinion or more information, please call 1-800-CEDARS-1 (1-800-233-2771) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.