Obstetrics and Gynecology Department
Comprehensive Care for Women of All Ages
Providing healthcare for women requires a special touch - compassion blended with expertise. At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you will find considerate professionals who can provide for women's health needs. Cedars-Sinai's Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology offers women the most up-to-date assessments and treatments, many of which have been developed by our world-class research program. We offer a broad range of programs and services for women of all ages, including:
- The Fertility and Reproductive Medicine Center provides the latest in testing and treatments for hormonal problems, such as painful periods, endometriosis, menopause and increased body hair.
- The Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Center at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center sets itself apart from programs at other institutions. Designed by board-certified gynecologists who are experts in minimally invasive surgery, the center creates an atmosphere of exceptional care. The highly trained surgeons at Cedars-Sinai use innovative laparoscopic and hysteroscopic technologies, allowing for some surgical procedures to be performed through tiny incisions the size of a fingernail. This minimally invasive approach enables most women to return to their daily activities in less time with less discomfort than with traditional surgery. In many cases, minimally invasive surgery can effectively treat gynecological conditions without having to remove the organ.
- Prenatal Education Services gives parents the information and tools they need to give their new baby the best start in life. We offer a full range of courses, including prepared childbirth, breast feeding, infant care and pain management. Our maternity tours include both parents and siblings. Online registration is available for all classes.
- Maternity Services at Cedars-Sinai is so trusted that Cedars-Sinai is one of the top hospitals in the West for baby deliveries. More than 6,500 babies are delivered at Cedars-Sinai each year.
- The Lactation Education Center supports women who breast feed with information, assistance and products.
- Incontinence and other pelvic disorders are diagnosed and treated through the Women's Continence and Pelvic Health Center.
- The Division of Gynecologic Oncology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center provides expertise in the diagnosis and management of women with reproductive cancers. Our board-certified gynecologic oncologists care for women with ovarian, uterine, cervical, vulvar, vaginal, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal cancers as well as those with gestational trophoblastic disease, complex dysplasia and pelvic masses where there is a concern for malignancy. The team provides both aggressive and minimally invasive surgical procedures and cutting-edge chemotherapy to comprehensively care for women with reproductive cancers.
In the 2012-13 U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals issue, Cedars-Sinai once again ranked among America's best in Gynecology.