Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Orthopedics in the News
Below are news releases, articles and up-to-date information relating to medical advances and promising research at the Cedars-Sinai Orthopaedic Center.
The foot is at very high risk for injury because it has so many small, brittle parts - 26 bones, 33 joints and more than 100 tendons, ligaments and muscles. In a recent New York Times article titled "Unhappy Feet", Dr. Glenn Pfeffer, Director of the Foot and Ankle Center at the Cedars-Sinai Orthopaedic Center, talked about the importance of foot and ankle health for both the professional and non-professional athlete.
- Cedars-Sinai to Hold Conference on Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease, a Neurological Disorder (Jan. 29, 2014)
- For severe Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, a neurological disorder, surgery can change lives (July 9, 2013)
- Prominent bone cancer surgeons join Cedars-Sinai Orthopaedic Center (Dec. 18, 2012)
- Cedars-Sinai Orthopaedic Center is Among Best Programs in U.S., Leading National Healthcare Publication Says (August 19, 2011)
- Teen Athlete With Debilitating Deformities Back on Feet After Complex Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (August 4, 2008)
- Southland's Most Promising Olympic Track and Field Athletes Team with Cedars-Sinai Physicians as Part of Breakthrough Training Program (March 21, 2008)
- Cedars-Sinai Physicians Elect William W. Brien, MD, as Chief of Staff (January 9, 2008)
- Lesser-Invasive Techniques Shrink Rehabilitation Period in Joint Replacement Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (August 18, 2006)
- Back to School Safety: Avoiding Backpack Injury (August 10, 2006)
- Director of Cedars-Sinai's Foot and Ankle Center Says that Options Abound to Treat Chronic Foot Pain (August 2, 2006)