About the Pharmacy Services Department
The Department of Pharmacy Services at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is affiliated with the UCLA School of Medicine, the USC School of Pharmacy, the UCSF School of Pharmacy and other schools of pharmacy in California. The department provides services 24 hours a day to the Medical Center, the Ruth and Harry Roman Emergency Department, the operating rooms and the Ambulatory Care Center.
The department consists of six satellite pharmacies, the Drug Information Center, three outpatient pharmacies and the Central Pharmacy, which houses Sterile Manufacturing, Purchasing and the Pharmacy Stores.
The computerized pharmacy system gives Cedars-Sinai staff access to electronic resources, such as Micromedex, OVID and MD Consult, that offer drug monographs and patient education materials.
The department consists of more than 270 staff members, including pharmacists, technicians, residents, interns and support staff. Inpatient pharmacists provide integrated clinical and distribution services to the patient care areas. Clinical specialists provide services in the following areas:
- Antibiotic use review
- Drug information
- Immune disorders
- Investigational drug studies
- Medical and surgical intensive care
- Medication safety
- Medication use evaluation
- Pain management
- Pediatrics, including pediatric and neonatal intensive care
- Primary care
- Transplantation, including kidney, liver, heart and lung
In addition, the Department of Pharmacy Services provides:
- Inpatient Pharmacy Clinical Services
- Outpatient Pharmacy Services
- Services at the San Vicente Pharmacy
- Services at the Surgery Center Pharmacy
Learn more at: