Clinical services provided to patients at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center are essential components of the Department of Pharmacy Services role at the Medical Center. These services include:
- Receipt and evaluation of all doctor orders, not just medication orders, to ensure the best medication management. Orders are reviewed to ensure the absence of allergies and drug interactions, appropriateness of medication selection, dosage, route and duration of therapy.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for medications with a narrow therapeutic index. A number of drug therapies are dosed and monitored by the pharmacists according to doctor approved protocols including: aminoglycosides, vancomycin and anticoagulation therapies.
- Rounds with the multidisciplinary care team
- Participation on the Code Blue Team for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Drug information
- Education of nurses, doctors and patients
- Participation in medical and pharmacy teaching programs
- Development and implementation of practice guidelines using an evidence-based approach
Hours of Operation for Inpatient Services
The administrative offices of the impatient clinical services are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Pharmacy satellites on the Medical Center's firth, sixth and seventh floors are open from 7 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily. The forth floor, Critical care and Central pharmacy is open 24 hours a day.