Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Evaluation of how medications are used at Cedars-Sinai is a way to ensure that usage is appropriate, safe and cost-effective.
Evaluations are done with other disciplines using an evidence-based approach. Additionaly, the Medication Use Evaluation pharmacist works with the Drug Use Policy pharmacist and the medical staff to develop guidelines for medication use.
Pharmacists also play an active role in the Medical Center's multidisciplinary Medication Safety Collaborative, which is responsible for designing and implementing strategies to create a safer medication use system. The objectives of the collaborative are to:
- Improve reporting through a non-punitive culture and evaluate errors and potential errors to ensure safety of systems
- Create interdisciplinary synergies through collaboration on improving medication safety and education of clinicians and patients
- Identify problem prone processes and conduct tests of changes to improve safety
- Conduct and utilize medication safety research and best practices to improve processes
- Make policy recommendations