Follow us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation evaluates the progress of inpatients receiving medical rehabilitation from admission through discharge. The data for patients at Cedars-Sinai are compared with that of other hospitals reporting data to the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation in Buffalo, NY.
The quality of care measures reported by Cedars-Sinai includes:
- Patients' age and gender.
- The conditions that made rehabilitation necessary, such as strokes, brain injuries or neurological diseases.
- The average number of days the patient spent at Cedars-Sinai.
- Improvements in patients' Functional Improvement Measure score, which is a tool used to evaluate a patient's ability to independently perform 18 activities of daily living.
- The number of patients discharged into the community after rehabilitation.
- The number of patients still able to living in the community 80 to 180 days after discharge from inpatient rehabilitation
- Patient perception of quality of life.
- Survival rates after discharge.