Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Program
The Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Program offers a thorough assessment, treatment and management services for patients with fibromyalgia, chronic pain and rheumatoid-related diseases by a multidisciplinary team.
This self-management, group-training program teaches patients self-reliance and offers drug-free ways to manage pain while increasing their ability to function, improving their endurance and strength and preparing them to return to work.
Program Participation Agreement:
- The individual accepts the philosophy, goals and objective of the chronic pain and fibromyalgia program.
- The individual displays sufficient motivation and reliability to follow through and integrate learned therapeutic techniques on a daily basis.
- The individual is not currently using medication excessively for pain management (including narcotics).
- The individual does not abuse alcohol and/or illicit substances.
- The individual does not display marked psychological disturbances and/or severe cognitive deficits.
- The individual does not endorse any suicidal ideations and/or psychotic disturbances.
For appointments, a physician's written prescription is needed and may be sent by fax or mail. Prior authorization by the health plan or insurance carrier may also be needed. Following receipt of a prescription by Outpatient Rehabilitation Services, the individual will be contacted to arrange an appointment.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
444 S. San Vicente Blvd., Suite 701
Los Angeles, CA 90048