The Outpatient Cancer Center at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute offers radiation therapy. The type of therapy a patient receives depends on the type of cancer, its stage and where it is located.
The center uses the latest technologies available which are designed to keep the radiation dose as low as possible thereby minimizing unpleasant side effects.
The treatments include:
- High Dose-Rate (HDR) Radiation Implant / Brachytherapy for Other Cancers
- High Dose-Rate (HDR) Radiation Implant / Brachytherapy for Gynecologic Cancers (Cylinder)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Low Dose-Rate (LDR) Radiation Implant / Brachytherapy
- Mammosite Partial Breast Radiation Therapy (PBRT)
- Respiratory Gating (RG)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) for Arteriovenous Malformations
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT)
- Superficial Radiation Therapy
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI)
- Total Skin Electron Treatment
- Transperineal Ultrasound Guided Radiation Implantation of the Prostate Gland (TPI)