Follow Us:Follow Us on Twitter Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Google+ Watch videos on our Youtube channel
Your First Cancer Center Visit
To make your consultation visit as valuable as possible, it is important to properly prepare. The following items are standard and should be brought to your first visit to the Samuel Oschin Cancer Center. It is a good idea to ask if your doctor needs anything else not on this list.
- Legal identification (government-issued photo driver's license or I.D. card)
- Health insurance identification card
- If appropriate, a hard copy of your referral or HMO authorization, should you require one. This can also be sent to the secretary for the physician prior to the appointment date
- Self-reporting History and Physical Form
- If you received a form in the mail prior to your appointment, please bring the completed document with you
- If you have not received a form, one will be provided when you register and you may fill it out while waiting to be seen by the doctor
- Any medical records that your physician's office requires for your initial consultation which will vary from office to office and based upon your current symptoms or dianosis. Items may include copies of charts from previous doctor's offices, imaging films/CDs and reports, operative reports and pathology slides and reports
- A list of all your medications and any allergies to medications.
- A list of questions
- A family member or close friend to help you take notes
- A journal to record tests, procedures and treatments
- If you speak a foreign language, please make sure you bring someone you trust to translate or make arrangements with the physician's office at least 24 hours in advance if you need to have translator provided for you